3 Very Big Changes to Priceline

ufjoe21
By ufjoe21,
in

Now you can make same-day reservations up to 11pm !!! (it used to be only until 6pm)

The lockout period for rebidding is now 24 hours!!! (it used to be 72 hours)

The Add-a-Night feature can now be used up to 11am the morning of your checkout!!! (it used to be midnight the day before check-in)

so, regarding the 'add a night' feature, (as an example)...We recently won a room in NYC at the Barclay for 130 dollars for new years eve 2006. It gave us the option of adding a room, we tried, and PL came back and said 'sorry, no rooms available at that price, but you can have a room for 370 a night!' We said no, and thought that was the end of it.

So, question is, can I keep accessing that winning bid and continue to try and add a night up until 11.00am on January 1, 2007?? Or are you only allowed to add a night when you are placing your initial bid??

Now you can make same-day reservations up to 11pm !!! (it used to be only until 6pm)

The lockout period for rebidding is now 24 hours!!! (it used to be 72 hours)

The Add-a-Night feature can now be used up to 11am the morning of your checkout!!! (it used to be midnight the day before check-in)

Don't forget to include the source of your post.

^ Priceline itself

so, regarding the 'add a night' feature, (as an example)...We recently won a room in NYC at the Barclay for 130 dollars for new years eve 2006. It gave us the option of adding a room, we tried, and PL came back and said 'sorry, no rooms available at that price, but you can have a room for 370 a night!' We said no, and thought that was the end of it.

So, question is, can I keep accessing that winning bid and continue to try and add a night up until 11.00am on January 1, 2007?? Or are you only allowed to add a night when you are placing your initial bid??

if you make your request before 11am local property time on the new check-in date (provided the hotel allows same-day bookings, otherwise the request must be placed as of midnight the night before check-in)

so you can be sitting in the Barclay January 1st, 2007 at 10:30AM Eastern Time, and still try to Add a Night (provided they allow same-day check-in, and provided check out isn't before 10:30AM and provided the Add a Night feature will allow you to extend your stay depending upon availability of the hotel LOL)

but now that you can make same-day reservations up to 11PM, if you can't get the Barclay for the Add a Night, you have until 11PM that night to keep trying on a new bid

these 3 rules are GREAT

With my recent bid, I saw the option for adding a night on the acceptance screen so I tried it. I got a message back that the hotel had no availability, but I could try for other hotels if I wanted (which I didn't).

When I next looked at my acceptance screen, that add a night option was no longer there. So it seems I had one chance to try it.

However, it might be different where you get a counteroffer.

^ Priceline itself

if you make your request before 11am local property time on the new check-in date (provided the hotel allows same-day bookings, otherwise the request must be placed as of midnight the night before check-in)

so you can be sitting in the Barclay January 1st, 2007 at 10:30AM Eastern Time, and still try to Add a Night (provided they allow same-day check-in, and provided check out isn't before 10:30AM and provided the Add a Night feature will allow you to extend your stay depending upon availability of the hotel LOL)

but now that you can make same-day reservations up to 11PM, if you can't get the Barclay for the Add a Night, you have until 11PM that night to keep trying on a new bid

these 3 rules are GREAT

Not a chance. There is no way you got this from Priceline's

website because you posted just shortly after the same information was

posted at TOBB. At least one of these changes occurred a month

ago. Others were more recent. You would have posted this before yesterday

if you got it directly from Priceline. You may be able to fool some people,

but you won't get past me and some others.

^ so you think I'm trying to fool all the members of the board? :)

I'm not sure where this attitude comes from, you only posted for the 1st time today!!!....I've been here over a year and am only here to help others

here's proof of all 3 rules for the nay-sayers:

sl6ykw.jpg

sl6zwk.jpg

sl702s.jpg

With my recent bid, I saw the option for adding a night on the acceptance screen so I tried it. I got a message back that the hotel had no availability, but I could try for other hotels if I wanted (which I didn't).

When I next looked at my acceptance screen, that add a night option was no longer there. So it seems I had one chance to try it.

However, it might be different where you get a counteroffer.

WillTravel, I think I saw others reporting this....it's a problem on Priceline's end for sure

Not a chance. There is no way you got this from Priceline's

website because you posted just shortly after the same information was

posted at TOBB. At least one of these changes occurred a month

ago. Others were more recent. You would have posted this before yesterday

if you got it directly from Priceline. You may be able to fool some people,

but you won't get past me and some others.

Uh oh... it's Sherlock Holmes!

Next time, take a look around before trying to call out a member. The rebid change was discussed (multiple times) once it was changed.

Boy some sure are "desperate" over there arent they? To come here and do that? Heaven forbid anyone dared to post something like that on the "other" board!

By the way the read I read it is if you have already tried to add a night once and were denied you cannot keep trying?

^ the language isn't so clear, if they mean you successfully Added Night(s) then you can add no more at a later date.....or you can only TRY to Add a Night once and whatever the outcome that's the end of it

the latter sounds kinda silly, so I doubt that's what it is

but it's ambiguous the way it's written

I just used the Add a Night / Extend Your Stay feature for the first time. I won the bid last week and decided today to see if I could add on a night at the beginning of my stay. The option was still there when I logged in to My Trips at PL. I'm staying at the Millenium Hilton in lower Manhattan on a Saturday and Sunday night and wanted to add Friday. That hotel caters predominately to a Mon - Thurs business clientele. I was fairly certain I'd get the Friday night at the same price and indeed I did.

Last night I also started a new bid process for a different trip less than 48 hours after my first bid process failed and was successful the second time around.

Love these new features.

The add-a-night feature, although great, apparently isn't an across-the-board thing.

A friend of mine just tried to add a night to an existing 3 night stay in London. The option to add the extra night didn't appear on his original confirmation page, so he called Priceline to inquire. He was told if the option to add extra nights isn't displayed on the confirmation page, then you can't do it. By his experience, I can only assume not all hotels participate in the add-a-night feature. Or perhaps it's only available in the U.S. ???

• 3 weeks later...

Another change seems to be that you no longer receive an email from Priceline when the 24 hour period is up after you have been rejected. We bid for several cities on Sunday morning, and never received an email saying it was allright to bid again 24 hours later! When it was 72 hours, we always got emails reminding us that our 72 hour 'ban' was finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The add-a-night feature, although great, apparently isn't an across-the-board thing.

A friend of mine just tried to add a night to an existing 3 night stay in London. The option to add the extra night didn't appear on his original confirmation page, so he called Priceline to inquire. He was told if the option to add extra nights isn't displayed on the confirmation page, then you can't do it. By his experience, I can only assume not all hotels participate in the add-a-night feature. Or perhaps it's only available in the U.S. ???

Add a night feature is NOT available in UK hotels :)

I confirmed this with PL CS a while back

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I have a question that I have not seen addressed (or at least I did NOT understand it if it was)....it has to do with the "add a night".......I made a reservation for 3 nights and now our plans have changed because the kids want to come along. I don't want to extend our reservation, but I do wish to add an extra room for these 3 nights. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance for your answer!!

Willow Branch

• 8 months later...

I just happened to notice that cal Italian only made those two posts, and never returned to the board after getting blasted for his/her nasty tone and misplaced criticism. BTW, am I the only one that noticed a suspicious similarity between his/her tone and that of Miss sh er yl's ? (she's probably no longer combing this board, so hopefully we don't have to run the risk of being banned on her board for discussing this :) )

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]