BackUpBooking.com - new Priceline companion site

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

We're pleased to launch our latest PRICELINE companion site:

BackUpBooking.com

How it works:

Enter all or part of any address (or any major landmark) and select a radius to search by. The map will center on your location and show you all the retail priceline hotels within the radius you selected.

This new site uses the 'retail' version of priceline and will serve multiple functions:

• the majority of their retail hotel bookings are fully cancellable, so it's a great source to book a backup hotel if your current bids are being rejected OR if your plans are not yet firm enough to commit to a non-refundable 'name your own price' purchase (NOTE: some of their rates are non-refundable so always double check the cancellation policy during the booking process)
  • we frequently have users post "I need a hotel near (enter landmark here)... what hotels are nearby" This quickly, and visually, answers this question. As well, viewing your chosen your location, and comparing to the "name your own price" hotel boundaries, can help you determine which zone(s) to select when bidding for a hotel.
  • with PRICELINE frequently upgrading and downgrading properties, this is a way to quickly check the current star rating for specific properties in a given zone
  • in large cities with big mass transit systems (NYC, Boston, London, etc) zoom in/out on the map to see subway stations nearby and to see which hotels in a given area are (or are not) close to a station
  • the site is updated every day so can alert you to any new hotels added (to the retail side at least) in a given area

We have a few features we intend to add over time but welcome any suggestions (as well as constructive criticism). If you have a general comment feel free to add a reply to this thread... any suggestions please send me a message

Hope you all enjoy this latest tool.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We're pleased to launch our latest PRICELINE companion site:

BackUpBooking.com

We have a few features we intend to add over time but welcome any suggestions (as well as constructive criticism). If you have a general comment feel free to add a reply to this thread... any suggestions please send me a message

Hope you all enjoy this latest tool.

First off, this could be an excellent way to keep track of star ratings as mentioned in your original post. Also, I love the map feature as it shows properties in relationship to each other. But the BackUpBooking cancellation must be read very carefully. I did a test run in comparison backupbooking to an actual web site for same dates. But over all, I'm excited when ever there is something new to help us with planning our travel bookings. You're the greatest!

March 2, 2009 Hyatt Place Livonia, MI

BackupBooking.com pricing:

$129.00 Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):

$14.45 We've chopped fees on this hotel.

$143.45 Total Charges*:

Cancellation Policy: We understand that your travel plans may change. That's why priceline doesn't charge you a change or cancel fee. For the room type you've selected, you can cancel your reservation for a full refund up until noon on Friday, February 27th (local hotel time). If you decide to cancel your reservation anytime between noon on Friday, February 27th and noon on Monday, March 2nd (local hotel time), the hotel requires payment for the first night's stay. You will be charged for the first night's stay including taxes and fees. Any remaining amount will be refunded to you. Refunds or cancellations are not available after noon local hotel time on your day of arrival (Monday, March 2nd).

Hyatt Place's web site:

129.00 USD per Night per Room

Additional Charges:6.000 Percent tax4.500 Percent occupancy tax

142.54 USD Total After Taxes

Cancellation Policy:

Cancel By 4 Pm Day of Arrival

Hyatt Place has a cheaper room by only a few dollars but it's cancellation policy is horrid.

Hyatt Place's web site:

123.00 USD per Night per Room

Additional Charges:6.000 Percent tax4.500 Percent occupancy tax

135.91 USD Total After Taxes

Cancellation Policy:

50united States Dollars Fee Outside 72hours/One Night Fee Within 72hours

Thanks, thereuare, for yet another innovative feature to Better Bidding. On the occasion someone books a back-up reservation on Priceline's retail product off your link from BackUpBooking.com, will BetterBidding.com automatically receive "credit" for the booking? If not, is there a way to use this new feature and ensure BB gets the credit?

Congratulations on creating another useful booking tool, thereuare.

For ease of access I wonder if you'd consider adding a link to BackUpBooking.com at the top of BetterBidding's homepage or in your signature line?

And wouldn't it be great if you could link BetterBidding's Priceline Hotel Lists to Priceline's retail listings, so that the Hotel Lists updated automatically whenever Priceline rerated a hotel?

NICE! This is very cool. I just looked up my Amsterdam hotel and even though I have been there many times I have a much better understanding of where the Priceline hotels are from your map. This is going to help many people. Thank you! I just wonder where you find the time???

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]