LAST MINUTE TRAVEL - Tool For Identifying Hotels

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried your lastminute.com link and got a top secret hotel in Venice. It's fairly easy to ID the hotels so I knew it was Ca' Pisani 4*. For Nov 4-6. 163.81 pounds or $257 a night double with breakfast vs an average of 234 pounds or $367 web price. Only thing I didn't like was the surcharge to use a major credit card to pay. I paide 6.50 pounds or so which added 3.25 pounds or $5.10 to each nights price above for 167.06 pounds or $262. It's a percentage so I'm assuming they are charging the % the credit card company is charging them.

I've id'd a 5 star in London for $290 which is $420 on web. Will get it if priceline doesn't get me something for $250 or less

Just used your method!!! Identified 6+ hotels in New Orleans & was able to choose which one to buy....Ritz Carlton!! what a great method you have shared....bid for 4* hotel on PRICELINE for same dates up to $101.00 & rejected....used your method & got the 5* Ritz Carlton for $106.00!!!! absolutely incredible!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!.... :)

it worked like a charm for a recent trip to Chicago. Downtown hotels were at capacity due to a large trade show, but I was able to identify a 2* as the Red Roof Inn on Ontario St. for $88 and it saved me about $120 over rack rates, I got the last room offered to Last Minute Travel. My only other options were to stay out by O'Hare or pay $300 and up for a 3* property. I only considered properties with "available" status and nothing with "on request status".

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that they have corrected this little glitch. I was playing around as recent as Friday and this method worked fine. They have removed the "more info" tab and when you select "book it" it gives you several hotel ID's in the URL address.

I did notice that when you look at the photos, if you are familiar with the hotel, you can figure out what the property is. In my case I immediately recognized the MCO Hyatt pool & lobby in the photo description

I think I found the property ID # when you press bookit, but I can't get to a page with a listing. It keeps taking me back to the Tourico Home page, where you have to sign in as a new travel agent.

Can anyone else figure how to make this work again? It was so great to be able to conclusively ID opaque listings!

I was just doing some random hotel shopping on LMT and ran up against this snag, so hurried over to this thread to see if anyone has experienced the same thing!

While it's going to take more research, I've at least found the following for now....

1. In most cases I've been able to see the Hotel ID number after clicking "book it". With the ID number next I've gone over to EasyClickTravel and, fortunately, been able to compare ID numbers between the two sites and identify the LMT hotel.

2. In a few cases I Googled "Tourico Holidays Hotel ID 917" (for example). In the first Google response I clicked on "cached" and it brought up the Tourico Holidays page for the Intercontinental Miami (who's ID is 917). Note this works in some cases, but not all.

3. While not a complete listing of hotels sold by Tourico, here's a link with many properties and their ID numbers staring you clearly in the face! Clik the tabs at the bottom of the page for the area (country) you're looking for.

http://www.touricoholidays.com/exclusivede..._focus_list.xls

Again, not a complete easy way to identify all their properties, but it's a start.

I've found that I can find the hotel ID by hovering over either Description, Map&Directions or Photo. But, like everyone else, I can't get the links to work on the Tourico page. Luckily for me I had created a spreadsheet of the Anaheim/Disneyland area hotels, which is what I used LMT for mostly.

It looks at though you have to be a travel agent to even search hotels on Tourico now. I was hoping someone would find a work around for us, but if you have to log in now, I guess we are out of luck. The spreadsheet from BEAV helps, but is no where near complete. It only shows 4 Anaheim hotels and I have 38 on my list. Great starting point though and I appreciate the link.

So far today I've been able to ID any hotel on LMT by using the link below and replacing the hotel ID number.

When replacing the hotel ID number in the link, it appears to no longer default to the Tourico home page like it was a week or so ago when this "problem" was reported. As I said, I've been able to ID every LMT hotel I've looked at so far today, so I'll be curious if others have the same results. Good luck....

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHote...ocalTgsProvider

I'm new here, and I was reading this thread last night. I was able to look up all the hotels using the link you originally posted. I would click on "Book it" to go to the page where it had the hotel id. A few times, it went to the booking page with the hotel id but immediately jumped to a page requesting traveler info. In those cases, I just went back and clicked again, being ready to view the hotel ID should it jump to the other page again.

This is an awesome trick! Thanks for finding and sharing it, Beav!

I look to LMT for discount pricing more on the higher end properties. For example I saw the 5* Intercontinental Miami going for $87 when standard rack rates everywhere else were $169. I've also seen some Ritz-Carltons and Four Seasons which typically come in around $100-$150 a night below rack prices. In general, though, I've found prices on LMT to be "all over the map" with very decent prices some places while others are near rack as you've discovered.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried your lastminute.com link and got a top secret hotel in Venice. It's fairly easy to ID the hotels so I knew it was Ca' Pisani 4*. For Nov 4-6. 163.81 pounds or $257 a night double with breakfast vs an average of 234 pounds or $367 web price. Only thing I didn't like was the surcharge to use a major credit card to pay. I paide 6.50 pounds or so which added 3.25 pounds or $5.10 to each nights price above for 167.06 pounds or $262. It's a percentage so I'm assuming they are charging the % the credit card company is charging them.

I've id'd a 5 star in London for $290 which is $420 on web. Will get it if priceline doesn't get me something for $250 or less

How do you ID the lastminute.com hotels? The same was as the lastminuteTRAVEL.com site with tourico?

I have been researching 4* hotels fro London. Here is a list of what I have found. Please re-chceck before purchase.

1032220 NH Harrington

5314 Hillton Olympia

12002213 also Hilton Olympia

1202212 Hilton Kensington

1032298 Copthorne Tara

1231761 Mint Hotel

1032697 Danubius Hotel

1231591 Renaissance London Heathrow

6939 Corus Hotel

17666 Gallery Hotel

18389 Gainsborough Hotel

3784 Astor Court

4290 Royal National

1209265 Fraser Place Queensgate

I did find similar prices on Travelocity in some cases. A shame the support link here to lastminutetravel no longer works. So if the price is the same I will try another support link first.

Please always recheck these ID's before purchase. Number 1231761 is not THE 4* Mint Hotel , but another Mint place, ( for example).

new additions from my tedious search

1205154 Park Plaza County Hall 4*

1221517 Park Plaza Westmintster Bridge 4.5*

1201483 Holiday Inn Gatwick

18877 Europa Hotel

• 1 month later...
Thanks for this great tip! Trying to find the best hotel for our family of 6 traveling to Orlando Feb 26 - March 3. Hoping these tips will help me in my search.... thanks! Any Orlando advice welcome!

You've probably booked something by now, but I just wanted to share that I was able to use LMT to book the Bonnet Creek Hilton just prior to Thanksgiving for about half of the price listed directly. There were also a fair number of suites and timeshare-type properties that came up during my search, which might work better for a larger family. Basically, it's a tedious process but by IDing the properties and keeping TripAdvisor at the ready, you can get an idea of how to narrow it down.

Also, I was just able to book the Atlanta Marriott Marquis for the night before the Georgia Marathon, saving $60 off the marathon rate that I'd already booked there. :) Thanks to everyone for this tip!

Today I stumbled on yet another way to identify hotels at LMT, possibly quicker & easier than going to another window using the Tourico Holiday's website.

When you locate a hotel from the display and select and click "book it" to advance to the next page where the hotel ID is displayed in the URL address, there is generally the option to add a rental car or other "activity". In my case I was looking at Anaheim, CA and was offered both rental cars and/or Disneyland tickets. I added a rental car to my selection (making it a "package"). When I went to the next page (click "continue booking") to display the total price including taxes/fees, I noticed that the name of the hotel was displayed. I went back and unselected the rental car (making it a hotel-only option at this point), went to the next page where the taxes/fees were displayed and the hotel identity did not display. I went back again, this time selecting Disneyland tickets, and once again the name of the hotel was revealed with the taxes/fees. So it appears adding an additional option to your hotel-only booking reveals the hotel's identity before purchasing.

Note: This option only works with hotels listed as "available" and not those listed as "on request".

Today I stumbled on yet another way to identify hotels at LMT, possibly quicker & easier than going to another window using the Tourico Holiday's website.

When you locate a hotel from the display and select and click "book it" to advance to the next page where the hotel ID is displayed in the URL address, there is generally the option to add a rental car or other "activity". In my case I was looking at Anaheim, CA and was offered both rental cars and/or Disneyland tickets. I added a rental car to my selection (making it a "package"). When I went to the next page (click "continue booking") to display the total price including taxes/fees, I noticed that the name of the hotel was displayed. I went back and unselected the rental car (making it a hotel-only option at this point), went to the next page where the taxes/fees were displayed and the hotel identity did not display. I went back again, this time selecting Disneyland tickets, and once again the name of the hotel was revealed with the taxes/fees. So it appears adding an additional option to your hotel-only booking reveals the hotel's identity before purchasing.

Note: This option only works with hotels listed as "available" and not those listed as "on request".

This method did not work for me this morning!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]