CONTEST: $25 Gift Certificate

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

As many of you know my wife and I are expecting a baby in the next few weeks.

I have set up a contest where our board members can guess the gender, weight, length, and birthdate of the baby... the winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate from EASYCLICKTRAVEL which can be used towards the purchase of a hotel room on their site. The gift certificate will expire 12/31/05 and the winner will be given the name of a contact person at EasyClickTravel to make their purchase.

EasyClickTravel is a new merchant that we have affiliated with and i have found their prices to be competitive with other 'traditional' booking services. However, ECT also has an opaque product which i have found offers some excellent value in many areas.

Please give EASYCLICKTRAVEL a look for your next travel plans and try to support vendors that also support this board.

We'd like to thank ECT for getting behind us in this contest and donating the prize.

The contest is set up at ExpectNet.com and the name of the game (enter on the top left of the screen) is: BetterBiddingBaby

You'll need to register (free) at the site above so please use your BetterBidding screenname so that it will be easy to recognize who has made each guess.

The contest is open to any registered members of BetterBidding.... let's have fun with this.

Good Luck (i mean, wish me luck! :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If we have a lot of users participate i hope to use this as an example to have more merchants support this site and its users by sponsoring future contests (no, i'm not planning a second child already :) ). This is just a test run and as we continue to grow the prizes will get bigger and better!

If you haven't done so already head over to ExpectNet and enter a guess... since it's only open to our board members the odds are pretty good and everyone has the same chance of winning.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As the expecting date draws near, we will be 'locking' the baby pool on or about Friday nite/Saturday morning so that no new entries can be added.

Currently there are only a dozen or so guesses, so i think the odds are pretty good for anyone that enters:

Site: ExpectNet

Name of Game: BetterBiddingBaby (enter on top left of the page)

No baby yet. <where's the biting nails emoticon!>

I will 'lock' the ExpectNet game (so no more entries can be added) when i wake up in the morning. If you're reading this and have not yet entered, this is your last chance.

I will also use this opportunity to mention that when i suddenly 'disapper' for a two straight days or so it will because of the baby's birth. Upon returning i will go thru all of the threads and <mostly> answer them in the order posted. During this time i would appreciate any of our experienced members to try to help out as much as they can.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Go ahead and light up that cigar! :)

We are the proud parents of a baby girl. You can see the winner of the contest by going to ExpectNet.com and entering the name of the game: BetterBiddingBaby on the top left corner.

I will contact the winner in a few days as soon as things settle down a bit (if the winner has an immediate travel booking they intend on making please contact me first and i'll move it up my list of things to do).

Thanks to everyone who participated and once again to EASYCLICKTRAVEL for sponsoring it.

And of course one picutre....

babysmaller.jpg

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! My advice: Sleep when the baby sleeps (and hopefully she will!). Best wishes to all three of you!

P.S. It's my first post. This site is a great source of information, and has helped me tremendously. Thank you. I promise to post my wins here from now on...

Congrats thereuare and Mrs.thereuare!! A beautiful baby girl!! At least I got that right.(I can't remember what else I put in for the contest-will have to go check!). Now the hard work really begins!!! But lots of fun and happy times too of course!!! I hope Mrs.thereuare is doing fine also!! Any names yet?( I understand if you do not want to post her name.) EDIT: She is the same weight (and perhaps height) as my youngest daughter was when she was born! I am glad I had a 7 pounder with my first daughter (before the 8lb.10oz.'er!!).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]