Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (NMA-River North) Allerton Hotel

Islanddreamer61
By Islanddreamer61,
in

I am new to the board. I tried for the first time to book two rooms in Chicago, for training seminars. I have a total of 7 people, 4 adults, 3 kids (16,17 year olds). I needed two rooms with two double beds each. They accepted a bid for $65.00 for a 3.5 star room, fine.

But, no where on the site did it say there wasnt two double beds! The rooms I WON were the smallest room in the house with only 1 double bed.

I simply cannot afford more than that since I am buying 2 rooms. I don't know what to do now, because it says no cancellations.

Please, cant someone help me out? I am about to call my credit card and explain to them that I want the charges removed!

Hello: I am new to the board. (obviously) I tried for the first time to book two rooms in Chicago, for training seminars. I have a total of 7 people, 4 adults, 3 kids (16, 17 yr olds). I really needed two rooms with TWO double beds each.

The great news is, I got a 3.5 star room for a great bid of $65.00 on Michigan Avenue!!! The place looks FABULOUS! However, the rooms are the smallest room they have, a Petite room, with only ONE DOUBLE bed per room!.

While I was going thru the process on Priceline, I did not see anywhere that it asked how many beds, or how many people. I simply cannot afford to pay much more for a room and I don't know what to do. We obviously will not all fit in these two rooms! And, I called the Hotel, they said they would upgrade us, for an additional $180!!!!

I e-mailed Priceline, they have not replied within the 3-hour time limit that they said they would.

I am going to call my credit card company at this point and ask if I can possibly get that charge stopped.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I really need two rooms, with two beds for three nights!

Help! :)

Call the hotel and see how much they charge to upgrade to a room with two beds or a roll away. Then you might try asking when you check in if you can get a room with two beds, they might not charge you. It says right on PLs page that they only guarantee bedding for two.

Important Information

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.

This was on the page where you placed your bid so its not PLs fault that you did not read!!!!

I have used priceline several times.

I have always called the hotel after getting my confirmed reservation and requested a room with two beds. I have never had a problem.

I DO NOT ask for an upgrade, I just tell them I need a room with two beds and non smoking. I don't know if this will help but good luck.

Another option may be to join the hotel's membership program and let them know your a member when you call to make your request.

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Second Request:

please post the results for this win: bidding zone, name of hotel, dates of travel

Call priceline with your hotel confirmation number and explain that you need two beds in each room; THey will try to call the hotel and get it for you; if

they can't they should offer to cancel the reservation and refund your money back. calling your credit card company or debit company is not the first thing to do, THis happened to me. I won a room with a queen bed and a chair. THey said i would have to pay $20 extra for another bed in my room so i c alled priceline and they cancelled the reservation and are processing my refund I will post there reply as an added post to this reply.

hope this helps

A few years ago i called my credit card co. and lost my money so call priceline first and recall if necessary with your info and your needs.

Relaxing41

MY REFUND AFTER TALKING TO PRICELINE RE ONLY ONE BED IN THE ROOM!

Important Information About Your Hotel

This confirms that Request Number ------for your hotel reservation has been cancelled as of 1/26/2009 at 9:41 PM. Priceline has processed the refund to your credit or debit card. You can expect to see it posted to your card within 5 business days. A summary of all charges related to this order is shown below. Please note that Name Your Own Price

Second Request:

please post the results for this win: bidding zone, name of hotel, dates of travel

February 19, 2009 - Thursday

thru

February 22, 2009 - Sunday

On Magnificent Mile

3.5 Star

The Allerton Hotel

Petite Room with only 1 double bed in each room

2 Rooms

Total price for both rooms, 3 nights is :$461.06

The accepted bid price was: $65.00 a night

I called the hotel and the parking rate for that hotel is an additional $51.00 per night.

I do not know what to do next

Thanks. Sorry about confusion. Like I said, I am new to the board.

I think the problem is that you wound up in an old hotel where rooms are small and rooms w/2 beds are probably fairly rare.

I don't think calling your CC will do much good, but I would call PRICELINE and see if you can get ahold of someone there to call the hotel.

That parking rate isn't unusual for Chicago hotels. There are quite a few other lots in the area that are probably more along the lines of $30-35.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm sorry this happened to you, but as bbbb posted above, on the confirmation page that you review before submitting your bid, and requires that you initial that you agreed to their terms, it states:

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.

The 'accomodate 2 adults' is actually a link, and if you click the link a window with the following information appears:

Do you need a room with a specific bed type? Rooms reserved through priceline are guaranteed to accommodate up to 2 adults comfortably. This includes rooms that may have:

# 1 double

# 1 king

# 1 queen

# 2 doubles

# 2 twins

Accommodations for additional guests are not guaranteed. If you require a specific bed type, please contact your hotel directly. All bedding requests are based on hotel availability and are at the discretion of the hotel. A fee may be incurred and is the responsibility of the customer. For specific room type requests (deluxe, suites, etc.) try our Shop and Compare option.

(the bold is put in place by PRICELINE)

I understand the reality that we all don't read the terms and conditions of every purchase we make, but based upon the above, PRICELINE has delivered on what they promised.

If you opted to upgraded for the $30/nite per room what type of room and/or accomodations would you receive? (ie- what type of beds would be in that room)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you have to pay $30 x 2, I'd just try bidding again for another room in the zone for $65
This seems to make mathematical sense... although keep in mind that you'll still be left with one of these petite rooms at triple occupancy.

Two other options:

Hampton Inn you can get 2 Double Beds for $79/nite

or

Residence Inn you can get a King Bed with SofaBed for $84/nite

Which if you could put 3-4 people in either of the above also solves the triple occupancy issue which would remain if you book one additional room (for double occupancy)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE, would not help at all. They said that they are sorry, they will send me a coupon for $10.00 off my next booking on Priceline.

so, thank you for the information on the Hampton Inn. It also includes free breakfast. The Holiday Inn downtown, also has a free hot breakfast buffett, and when you have teenagers, trust me, it is a big benefit!

I called my credit card company and they have removed the charge. They are disputing everything with Priceline. I realize it is not overwith, and I am sure I am not the first person to dispute a charge with Priceline. But, it is within 48 hours that I have tried to cancel so that I can re-book with someone else.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks again!

If you search on HOTWIRE for 2/19-2/22 for 4 adults/3 kids/2 rooms, there is a 3.5* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with the amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $89; this would likely be the Embassy Suites Lakefront. While a little more expensive than the Hampton, with this, you'd get both breakfast and a suite.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if this is of interest.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]