get invoice with company adress from priceline?

Steffen3
By Steffen3,
in

Hi,

I am based in Germany and have to go to go to NY on a business trip.

As the budget is so low, I would only get 2-3 star hotel on traditional travel sites.

The company requires me to present an onvoice that has the company (my employer) adress on it to reimburse what I paid for the hotel.

Is ist possible to get such an invoice from priceline (or the hotel) for a "name your own price" hotel stay?

Or is everything you can get the confirmation page with your name, price and hotel info?

I could use my personal credit card or a colleague's corporate credit card (both issued by German banks), is one of these two choices preferable?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Or is everything you can get the confirmation page with your name, price and hotel info?

Yes, it will just have the name of the guest and the details of your itiniary; Hotel name and address, check in date, check out date, confirmation number, Priceline request number, summary of charges.

Please tell us your dates of travel and the PRICELINE zones that you are willing to accept and the ammount of your maximum bid and we will try to suggest a bidding strategy.

You could create a new Priceline account and enter your company's address rather than your own in the address field . The company's address would show up on your Priceline receipt then. The company's name still won't appear though.

If this is a one time arrangement you could edit your address in your current Priceline profile (assuming you have one) from your home address to your company address for this one purchase. After you get a bid accepted and you've printed your receipt then change your profile address back to your original home address.

If your company insists on the company's name (not just the company address) on the Priceline receipt you could try this:

Let's say your name is Joe Smith and you work for Acme Corporation. When you place your Priceline bid enter "JoeSmith" as your first name and "AcmeCorporation" as your last name. Then the receipt will show "JoeSmith AcmeCorporation" as the name of the hotel guest. If you try that remember to have the hotel look for your reservation under "A" rather than "S" when you check in.

Thanks for all the helpful information!

In my priceline profile there are selveral adresses I could change.

Under the tab Personal Information there is a shipping adress (and I could add a shipping adress #2) and under the tab Payment Information there is a billing adress associated to each credit card (which obviously has to be the real billign adress of the credit card to get through adress verification).

On the printer friendly receipt it shows something labled Billign Adress.

Which of the adresses in the profile is this Billing Adress on the receipt?

Thanks!

It's the billing address that shows up on the printer friendly version of your receipt. If you change the billing address to your company's address so that you can get reimbursement your bid might not go through because the billing address won't match what your credit card company has on record. No harm in trying though. The worst Priceline can do is say no.

I'm surprised your company is putting these administrative obstacles in your way. Is it their usual practice to fly people to New York and put them up in 2* hotels? Is there a corporate credit card you could use?

• 2 weeks later...
It's the billing address that shows up on the printer friendly version of your receipt. If you change the billing address to your company's address so that you can get reimbursement your bid might not go through because the billing address won't match what your credit card company has on record. No harm in trying though. The worst Priceline can do is say no.
Billing address is never matched with the address the credit card company has on file for German credit cards. No such procedure here. I've even put in "xxxxx" in all the fields and the payment went through anyway. So that won't be an obstacle.
I'm surprised your company is putting these administrative obstacles in your way. Is it their usual practice to fly people to New York and put them up in 2* hotels? Is there a corporate credit card you could use?
This is not a company administrative issue, it's in fact a German tax issue. The company needs a correct receipt/invoice for their accounting. That includes the name and address of the company. Otherwise, the invoice can't be used for tax deduction.

Another issue, however, is why a company would fly people to New York without being prepared to pay for a reasonable room at normal rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]