Hotwire Hotel: Need bidding help 2* Chula Vista-San Ysidro & 2.5* National City

mdiver65
By mdiver65,
in

Hi....

First time poster here. Need help ID'ing a couple of hotels for this Thursday, December 6.

2* Chula Vista-San Ysidro $33.00

-Comp Breakfast

-Pool

-Laundry

-High Speed Internet

My first guess (and based on the list) was the La Quinta-Chula Vista. HOWEVER, looking at the Hotwire map (are these reliable?) this LQ is located in the "National City" zone-despite a Chula Vista address:

LQ

150 Bonita Road

Chula Vista, CA

Maybe it could be the Best Western-Chula Vista?????

OK, here's the 2.5* National City $58.00

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant

-Pool

-Laundry

Could this one be the La Quinta? Doubt it as they do not have a restaurant. Perhaps the Holiday Inn South Bay-National City?

THANK YOU for any help you can provide!!!!

Mark in Phoenix

You should assume the maps are accurate. Occaisionally there are mistakes, but usually by a block or two and these are much more the exception than the rule.

Neither of the above have been identified. I don't have a guess on the National property as the amenties are just too common and there are too many hotels in this zone to make an educated guess. However, i wouldn't think it's the La Quinta since that property doesn't have a restaurant and the above hotel does.

To guess at the Chula Vista property, i'd think Americas Best Value Inn, Days Inn South, and the Super 8 would all be possibilities as the 2* level.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know whatever you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at Hotwire's maps and I agree with you, mdiver65, that part of Chula Vista, including E Street and the area where La Quinta is located, is in the National City-San Ysidro zone, NOT the Chula Vista zone.

I don't recommend opaque purchases in a zone that includes San Ysidro. There are some dicey motels near the border. That 2* in CV-SY is down to $29 now!

I don't know what the 2.5* in National City is but I agree with thereuare that it's not La Quinta.

Please let us know what you get if you purchase.

Hi sincerely appreciate everybody's help with this topic. Since I just couldn't risk getting something seedy in Chula Vista (yes, down $29!) I decided to book direct at the Best Western-Chula Vista. By no means anything greater than a 2* but the reviews aren't half bad and for only $50 (AAA) and approx. 12 hours it works. It's just super close to an 8a meeting I have the next day with the school district.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll be back I'm sure!!

Mark in PHX

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]