Priceline Hotel: I need some help 4* in seattle - 12/7-12/9

jdmss
By jdmss,
in

I can get as low as $134 a night at the Bellevue Hyatt which is where we want to stay and I have been bidding up to $97 for several days but no luck... I am getting the feeling its harder to get and win on Priceline ... I have been doing better going straight to HOTWIRE... is it just me or is the new trend ?

I find it harder and harder to get a really great rate on priceline the last year or so......

P.S. I dont want to really pay more than $110 on a 4* for that shopping weekend...

You have eight re-bid zones, If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

On your next round of bidding i'd try:

Select 4* Bellevue...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $102, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $104, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $106, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us konw how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Personally I'd reserve the cancellable rate ($159 is the best cancellable rate I see now) and keep bidding in the $80-100 range on Priceline for another couple weeks. I think you're bidding a little early for the best deals. That $159 rate doesn't suggest strong occupancy.

Once you add fees to a $120 Priceline bid or $135 Hotwire purchase your savings would be minimal compared to the $149 prepaid noncancellable rate you can book with Hyatt directly. And booking through Hyatt you can reserve 1 bed or 2; smoking or nonsmoking.

Thanks Colfax, I will do that, I am really frustrated, its the first time, that I cant understand why I cant successfully bid for a property that I can get for $15 more on hotwire.

Why should the Hyatt allow you to do so? The Hyatt appears to be the only 4* hotel in Bellevue that offers discounted rooms through Priceline (judging from your previous posts, you know this already); if they offered huge discounts on Priceline all the time compared to Hotwire or their own website, there would be little incentive for anyone to book though those other channels. One advantage that the Hyatt gets by selling through Priceline is that if they're projecting low occupancy for a particular night, they can drop the rate they're willing to accept without having to disclose the rate the way they would have to on Hotwire or their website. Since December weekends are not a busy time for hotels in Belleuve, I agree with Colfax: be patient, keep your bidding fairly low, and wait for the Hyatt to make its move. I see no reason to be tempted by Hotwire's rate: after you factor in Hotwire's booking fee, the savings aren't good enough in my opinion to forego the option of cancelling or selecting the room type you want.

I got a Starwood offer the other day to book the downtown Sheraton for $179 per night which by itself does not sound great, but you also get a $100 Macy's gift card in the deal. So far as I could see, this deal worked for a one-night stay too. I'm not sure if it's available for your dates.

As I posted on another thread, there are also some good Starwood cash + points deals for downtown Seattle. For example - 4000 points + $60 to get the W (and I think the Sheraton also). If you sign up for the Canadian version of the Starwood MasterCard, you get 5000 points to start, with no card fees attached. (Again, I didn't check your dates for this.)

The Hyatt Regency Bellevue has a similar offer: for $169/night, you get a $50 gift certificate for the Bellevue Collection for each night, plus free parking and late check-out. You may want to book this as your back-up.

The Westin Bellevue also offers the Holiday Shopping Package: $229/night, which includes a $100 Bellevue Collection gift card for each night. If you're willing to wait an extra week, the price goes down to $199/night. They don't throw in the parking, though.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know I kept trying and never succeeded so it was great with the Hyatt at $169 - $50 gift certificate = $119, thanks everyone. Just got back and Bellevue Square is great with the the Snowflake Lane.... Merry Christmas!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]