Add me to the TOBB *banned* list!

MTmommy
By MTmommy,
in

Wow. Today was my first day looking into bidding strategies. I found TOBB and registered. I was banned by Sheryl in about 2 hours cause I was so afraid to do the wrong thing I asked too many questions I guess. After being such a stickler she even gave bid "advice" that ignored my budget parameters. What got me banned, i think??, was asking if I could give the TOBB site a contribution instead of linking through her prefered link. I just ASKED, saying I was happy to do it her way, but maybe my way I could share MORE $$.

Anyway, she needs a pysch, a dog and, well.... In any case there was a useful post, I now cannot access descrbing a multiple zone bidding matrix which was pretty usefull (someone else, not her) which I wish I could get to, but I will keep looking here.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes sites like this work is people posting information. If people are afraid to post then that means less information.

I totally agree. Cannot tell you how many times I've had to send a private message in TOBB to someone who was getting reemed by Her and/or told something wasn't worth trying (i.e. calling PL when a honest mistake was made, it doesn't hurt, will likely be unsuccessful but the only damage if successful is to TOBB's commission so She will always steer people away from even thinking that). Thereuare and this board look at the big picture of respect/helpfulness and realize that people will come back time and time again if made to feel welcome/comfortable.

I will NEVER EVER support TOBB because of Sheryl and some of the equally arrogant moderators who are blatantly condescending and lecturing to folks, especially the newbies. Always place my bids via BB links. Why support a bunch of jerks who don't respect you unless you kiss their behinds and bow to them as royalty is the way I look at it. LOL.

I've had this discussion with the moderators of both sites -- when I support a site either with money, sponsored clicks, or the time and effort to research, execute, and report a winning bid, I am doing it to support other travelers. Server space and bandwidth have gotten less expensive over the years, but they're still not free. Either moderator can and will edit or remove information because it's their board. As long as the information and community still are useful I might look at both boards, but I don't feel that I need the information from bid reporting sites nearly as much as I did when I was new to Priceline bidding. The newcomers are the main reason I bother.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I'm latest casualty of Sherryl. I think my ban was for posting that I successfully challenged a Priceline charge on my credit card. I guess she did not want people to know that was possible.

I'm glad to have found this forum, where the admins are interested in letting everyone share info.

I'm the latest 'victim' of Queen Sheryl's wrath. I'm not even sure what my offense was. Needless to say I'm a proud BB supporter now - I only wish I had come here sooner.

Shortly after being banned I found this thread and have been quite amused reading through others experiences with this egomaniac. I started using her site a few years ago and later discovered BB, which I cross-referenced when bidding. Despite her condescending and tyrannical attitude I posted my bid results on her site and used her links. I suppose she can run her site however she sees fit, but it seems like a pretty dumb business decision to ban the people who are adding new content to her site. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to moderate the forum, but without contributors this kind of site is useless.

I am glad to learn that the Queen reads this board because I didn't have the chance to say goodbye.

To Queen Sheryl - goodbye! And you can also say adios to my referral clicks and posts. Admittedly I only use PL 3-4 times per year, but I have lots of friends who like to travel and I'll be telling them to head to BB also. And if you think you have 'punished' me by blocking me from your forum, know this: I know how to use a proxy server. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

:)

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I lurk at TOBB but I never post for fear of public humilation. I usually lurk from home but decided to check that site from work today. Well I guess she banned a co-worker of mine - but my company has over 100,000 employees - 1000 in my building alone and 5000 on my campus alone. She is losing MANY customers because of her banning ways, she basically banned a whole company because she was upset at one person. (Of course I have, and always will be, loyal to THIS board). :)

Unreal... got banned after posting wins.. I guess what comes around... very few posts over there anymore anyway.

I am a hotel manager with over 25 years experience and have used priceline since day 1 from the hotel side and user side.. I guess that has little value in their silly little banning world.

I've had this discussion with the moderators of both sites -- when I support a site either with money, sponsored clicks, or the time and effort to research, execute, and report a winning bid, I am doing it to support other travelers.

Oh, but you see, that alone wasn't enough for Sheryl. I, too, was banned from B-F-T, likely because I usually forgot to user her link. I never once bellyached about something I was awarded on Priceline, never once asked for bidding assistance, never once indicated I was going to challenge anything. For years, I contributed my winning bids to her site. And then all of a sudden one day, I was banned without warning or explanation.

She can keep it. I was mad at first but I'm over it now, especially since there are CIVIL, KIND, CARING human beings running this site. I will GLADLY make my winning bid contributions (although few and far between) here.

Thank you BB!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, me too.

I'd been posting to that other board for 5 years! I read all the FAQ's, posted my winning (and losing) bids according to the specific instructions, used their link, and still ended up banned after posting a winning bid on Tuesday.

I have no idea why. No warning, no explanation, just deleted.

Having never been banned from a website, at first I was really hurt and offended. But after reading all the similar stories on this and other boards, I don't feel so bad. (Who knew there were so many of us?!) :)

I sent the admin a message asking what happened, but at this point, I really don't even care if I get a response. Like many of you, I'd rather not support that board anymore regardless....

I'm very happy to have found this site instead. And, my very first act as a new member was to make a donation via Pay Pal. Hehe. :)

Welcome aboard. I think you'll find a gigantic contrast through and through, as well as a respect/patience for the newbies who are getting the hang of things. Thereuare and the others are very friendly and helpful. For any bid, even if I know the strategy will work via my own research, I always go through the links here so that we can pay it forward and keep a good thing going (plus not reward TOBB's grand poohbah LOL).

• 1 month later...

Just found BB today :) . This is a VERY interesting thread. I have always used TOBB for Priceline information. I thought that they have really good info on how to do the free rebidding thing, and have referred friends to them for help in understanding how to use Priceline. I probably use Priceline, through TOBB, three or four times a year. Unfortunately, the "voice" of the board has always been less than friendly, less than understanding that we aren't ALL travel experts, and has been pretty demanding :) . Perhaps she just isn't a people person, but TOBB has gone from being an OK site to use to being one I have avoided. I am SO GLAD to find BB and get away from the Travel ****, as I have come to refer to Sheryl. Now will I, too, get the honor of being banned from TOBB? (PS- I had no idea what TOBB meant, but immediately thought of TOBB when reading the first page of this thread!!)

Welcome and dont feel bad. When researching a future trip (impossible city zone-PL upgraded Sheraton to 4* in dt San Diego zone), I came upon a successful 1st bid by a newbie who did indeed go through her links. The newbie was chastized -- he/she did everything right -- because he should never ever expect to get that rate ever again when the economy improves. Know the saying, if you don't have something nice to say, well don't say it? well obviously she doesn't get it, LOL

In another recent posting, when the person said he was ready to bid immediately (probably when posting in the morning before going to work), she responded a few hours later with a how-dare-you-not-bid-IMMEDIATELY-like-you-promised scathing response?

Finally, check out the FW review of bidding websites -- we got really nice reviews/referral and TOBB got diplomatically correct ones (with hyperlinks to hysterical experiences by folk with her).

I'm on my second ban. But I learned that within a couple weeks I could again freely browse TOBB results. Somehow my address gets reset or something. I use a Mac, OS X, Safari, Comcast if any of that makes a difference. While an anonymizer works, straight in is much faster. You might check to see if you again have access. Don't try to actually sign on again though or you will immediately be banned again, as I suppose there is also a list of banned ScreenNames.

I think we will very soon have another new member here. I just read a posted win (nice detail, too) on TOBB that carefully apologizes The Link wasn't used..... Zap.

Anyway, may I add my welcome to the newest refugees here! I'm a rule follower too, and respectful of other's turf. Had never been banned anywhere else either. No life of crime. I felt bad at first, but now guess the reaction is more sort of proud.

Romelle

Can't say it is a terribly exclusive club, but welcome nonetheless!

It took me a while to find everything here, so I'll mention the stuff I managed to miss initially.

Under the Support/Travel Links is a whole list of hot links that will route you to useful places and also help support this board. I didn't even think to look for good old Delta there, as well as Restaurants.com.

I find the whole HOTWIRE ID'ing offered here pretty interesting. It makes working with PL even easier, as you have more information before you act. Since I hadn't encountered it before, I hadn't realized the usefulness of it.

The Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (link in center of page) can be very handy.

And those PRICELINE MAPS are amazing!

Even in typing this, I noticed another feature I'd been not seen before. Take your time looking around as this board will have some good surprises for you.

Glad you are here.

Romelle

And isn't it interesting that TOBB doesn't have the equivalent of this thread!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]