Priceline Hotel: NYC 06/21-06/24 4* no luck up to 180 $

chris20
By chris20,
in

Hello from sunny Munich!

My sister ist going to NYC from 06/21-24 for the first time. They will be doing the tourist thing and like to stay in MTE, MTW, MTC or Times Square (with UES and UWS as free rebids). CPS would be an option too, but the price there are above the limit I think.

As I see some great deals for 4*-hotels for about 130 $, I wasn`t able to get a room by priceline up to 180$. I know June is a hard time in NYC, but the rate seem to be very high, especially at that dates. Is there something special going on?

As a back-up option a made a reservation at the milford plaza for about 190$ /night. Probably not the best hotel in NYC, but it will work. Hotwire is unfortunately no alternative, as the 3* and 4*-Hotel are about 300$.

Do you have any advice? The limit would be 180$ for a 4* and about 150 for a 3*. Would it be useful to split the bid in order to get a deal for the Friday Evening?

Thank you very much for your help. Your site is really great!

Greeting,

Christian

Your not likely to have success unless current rates go down.

Do you want to see if that happens before SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID or do you want to try that now and then only have to try for two nites? Is the Milford Plaza $190 for each nite of the stay or is that the average nitely rate?

Would Jersey City be an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your help.

As the stay ist very short to see most tourist things in NYC, I would like to avoid splitting bids and spending some time for moving to an other hotel. Do you think there`s any chance that the rates will go down?

The rates fpor the milford plaza are 179 for 06/21 and 06/22. For 06/23 it`s 199 $. That`s interesting, as on Hotwire the prices go down if you just try for the Friday night. To clarify the request: My Sister, for which I`m booking the room and her friend will arrive on Wednesday 06/21 and leave on Saturday 06/24.

Jersey City is no alternative as it`s the first (and short) visit to NYC, so they want to spend most time in manhattan.

So I guess I have to try again. Do you think chances would get better if I raise the limit to 200 $, which would be the absolute maximum they want to afford? Although the exchange rate Euro/$ is very good at the moment, it`s much money for just a room without breakfast.

Best wishes,

Christian

Do you think there`s any chance that the rates will go down?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ

Of course if you raise your bid you'd increase your chances, but not sure how much it will help you at the 4* level but it doesn't hurt to try (probably will help you more if you're willing to do so at the 3* level).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Chris,

I checked with applecore hotels and they have the Super 8 Times Sq and the Red Roof Inn Manhattan at around the same as the Milford Plaza (Sorry thereuare - don't think there is a link to Support Betterbidding for these). The reviews for both are much better than the Milford Plaza. They are rated 61 and 124 in the Tripadvisor hotel list at the moment. Milford is rated 195. Both have rooms with 2 double beds available. There other hotels on their website which have one queen bed and these are slightly cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Blueskies

Red Roof is part of the Accor Hotel Group, here is the Link :) Talk about extremes!! On the Accor website, you can book a room on Novotel or Sofitel as well as Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn....go figure!! By the way, what ever happened to the mascot "Red" from RRI?

This board also has a link to the La Quinta Inns which has a property near Herald Square and is on the same block as the Red Roof Inn.

Thank you all very much for your help.

We will consider the red roof inn, as the rates are below the milford plaza and the reviews at tripadvisor are much better. I will book this as a back-up and try again if I can get a 4* by priceline (of course through the link you provided).

Have a nice day,

Christian

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]