IPB upgrade

ufjoe21
By ufjoe21,
in

So it looks as if i was beaten to the punch on the newly upgraded board, so i'll continue this thread to discuss it....

This new board has an entirely new back-end, so we've been working the last few days to get up to speed and to make sure that our existing tools and features continue to work.

The Airfare Checker, Hotel Checker, Car Rental Checker, and Las Vegas Checker all continue to work without any modifications.

Our EasyClickTravel tools, the EasyClick Search and the REVERSE Look-up needed to be re-written and both now functional (although they require some future modification for aesthetic reasons). Similarly the HOTEL REVIEWS by LETTER needed to be re-coded and has been, but now also needs some additional formatting which will come in the next few days (but is entirely functional in its current state)

I suspected that the Google Maps would be a big unknown, and indeed they will require some additional work. The good news is that the maps render without any problem (please let us know if anyone has trouble viewing this San Diego Hotel map), but the "recent wins" link requires some additional work to perform as expected. I've taken a quick look at i believe i know what coding needs to be done, but it will probably take another day or two to get to them. We'll update this thread once it has been completed (we also worked on code for additional maps while traveling, but these too will need to be re-written, but users can expect some new cities to be covered by the Google Maps in the days to come).

The board statistics (number of members, posts, most online, etc) are also currently not updated, but this too should be corrected in the next few days.

Overall this upgrade was a major undertaking, and thus far gone mostly as planned... some a little easier than expected, some a bit more difficult than expected. This latest board is loaded with many new features, the most obvious one is that you can now get to sub-forums (hotel lists, priceline sections, hotwire sections) directly from the main page which saves a few clicks. There are many other new features, so let's also use this thread to share board tips and tricks with other users as they're discovered.

There are also more to come, including:

-members being able to choose the board layout/color scheme

-a scaled down version of the board which will work with PDAs, cellphones, etc.

-viewing the board in alternate languages

If anyone has any questions regarding the new board or finds broken links which no longer work, please discuss them here as well.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Priceline Google Maps are once again working... and improved!

All maps now show the hotel name when the cursor hovers over a marker and the 'recent wins' links work once again. We have also formatted the maps to blend in wiht the board itself.

You can see the complete list of covered cities in the first post of this thread: Priceline Hotel Maps

If anyone has any problems with pages loading or anything else that is an issue please let us know.

(new cities will be a few more days)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

-a scaled down version of the board which will work with PDAs, cellphones, etc.

my BlackBerry (the second best thing to come from Canada) can only display pages in HTML format, so I can't use Priceline or Hotwire to make bids. Looking forward to this part of the upgrade.

(the best thing from Canada, IMHO.....Crown Royal :) )

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]