bidding from australia

brisa
By brisa,
in

• 3 months later...

I generally use Priceline for hotels in Sydney. For the 5 star range I received the Marriott Harbourside. For 4 Star I have recevied the Marriott by Hyde Park and the Novotel Century. I have been very pleased.

Sydney is so easy to get around that you cannot go wrong with bidding the CBD.

We are going to be in Sydney Jan. 4 to 8th, 2006. Am trying to decide if it's worth trying to bid for hotel. Like the 5 star of course but bids I've read have been high. Would like something around $100. since we will be there 4 nites. Someone got the Menzies do you know anything about that hotel? We've had good luck with hot Wire but haven't used priceline.

• 1 year later...

I am going to be in the same position soon. I am worried that when they ask for ID they will notice my Australian address on my licence. I have two options (I can use the Canada trick) or I can use a friends address in the US but again when it comes to check in they will realise my aussie address. Is this a problem or am I just being jittery for no real reason.

Love the Board by the way!

Hi,

you are being too jittery. :-)

I regularly bid from Germany with no problems at all.

The hotel will check the name on your ID to see if it matches the name on the reservation. Priceline doesn't even provide your billing details (i.e. credit card number and address) to the hotels they book for you.

And even so, the room has been paid for and you could still have two different home addresses.

If you're still unsure, you can also simply use Priceline.co.uk or Priceline.com.sg to bid. They allow to register with addresses anywhere in the world.

Thanks for the information. It is really appreciated.

Do priceline.co.uk and the singapore site operate off the same databse as the USA site? Is it just a case of having to work out the pounds to dollars conversion etc? If that is the case, I could just as easily use the UK site and convert aussie dollars to pounds etc and then work out USA rate (sounds a little too complicated).

Thanks for your assistance. This site is quite friendly compared to TOBB.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]