Is anyone else hooked on Priceline?

rc408
By rc408,
in

I think I'm addicted to Priceline :) . I check this site fifty to one hundred times a day "just in case" there is a deal I'm missing. I have to bid on a hotel at least once every month or more. I can't help it! I at least have plans to visit the places I get hotels in but find myself booking trips closer together so I can bid and WIN! :) I don't travel for business and I currently have 4 different hotel booking through Priceline and may add another Sunday if i get the concert tickets I want.

Is anyone else like me? Do we need to start a Priceline Anonymous meeting? Or is it that the deals are so damn good we just can't say no?

Has anyone thought about adding golf courses to Priceline? :o

I must say I have the same affliction. Constantly looking for deals in the cities we travel to mostly, with the exception of hotels we stay at that we would not get if we bid through Priceline. I always thought the best deal was going through the hotel web sites, boy was I wrong. With free flights on Southwest and almost half price hotel rooms, my "travel cost of living" is going way down.

Maybe the PA 12 step program will help me.

SteveR

I think I'm addicted to Priceline :) .

I used to be addicted too ... than, I got married and have to go through the wife now to plan any trips :)

I do still get my bidding fix by bidding for friends and family and by checking betterbidding every day!!!

You can supplement your addiction by checking the Flyertalk Mileage Run forum to see if there are any airfare deals you are missing :).

Just remember, the best way to save money is not to spend any. I've used up a lot of vacation time, and I have a major trip planned, so that is cutting down on my inclination to bid more on Priceline.

I used to be addicted too ... than, I got married and have to go through the wife now to plan any trips :)

I was wondering why the number of your posts dropped off so quickly :). Marriage is a trade off: You trade your freedom for their say so :o.

You can supplement your addiction by checking the Flyertalk Mileage Run forum to see if there are any airfare deals you are missing :o.

Just remember, the best way to save money is not to spend any.

Yeah, Flyertalk is another site I check regularly :). As far as saving money by not getting in on these deals goes, well it's nice in theory but I don't know if I could ever put it into practice :). Food for thought though!

Yes, I am in that club too... checking already the available weekends.. and in my head there are the nearest Priceline locations... and once I start trying on PL.. hard to get the idea away from my head until I get an accepted offer.... - Just after that I have to struggle for flights etc...

I do still get my bidding fix by bidding for friends and family and by checking betterbidding every day!!!

why do you have to "go though your wife" ? Is she against you bidding? or is she a travel agent?.. or just very particular?

Just curious. My wife loves that I am a deal finder. However, I know many of my friends wives who need to be in control of things like this. I guess I am just lucky, my wife knows PL and deal finding is an addiction for me and she supports it.

This was my latest deal.. 75 cent 2 liter diet coke w/splenda coupon that is doubled at local grocery stores here. They had a sale too on all 2 liter coke products. 10 for $10.00

RESULT: I have 32 two liter bottles of FREE diet coke w/splenda sitting in my basement currently over the last few weeks of making the rounds at 3 grocery stores close by. I didn't pay a dime for any of them and will be going back for more.

Print it, photo copy it, and bring it in.

http://www.dietcoke.com/notLoggedIn.jsp

I'm definitely hooked on PL and HW - especially HW DTD deals!! Hello - hotel room for $10.95 for two nights! See my Hotwire Double the Difference!! thread :D

I got my DH hooked on couponing/shopping too! :) :)

One of our local Harris Teeter's had TRIPLE coupons up to 99 cents for about the last 6-9 months no lie. We went about twice a month and racked up! We'd get tons of stuff free and we had a rule, if it cost more than $1 and it wasn't something we were in dire need of, we didn't buy it. I have a pantry & freeze FULL of foods, bbq sauce, condiments, etc.

We went last week, and now it's only double up to 99 cents and we were ticked!! :) So now won't go as much! Hmmph!

Love Kroger double dollar coupons too! :o

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]