Please help with basic re-bid question

edarte
By edarte,
in

An area has four different zones (e.g., Target Zone, Zone 2, Zone 3, Zone 4)

Would the following all qualify as legitimate re-bids that would allow me to increment my bid amount?

Bid 1 - Target Zone alone

Bid 2 - Target Zone + Zone 2

Bid 3 - Target Zone + Zone 3

Bid 4 - Target Zone + Zone 4

Bid 5 - Target Zone + Zone 2 + Zone 3

Bid 6 - Target Zone + Zone 2 + Zone 4

Bid 7 - Target Zone + Zone 3 + Zone 4

Bid 8 - Target Zone + Zone 2 + Zone 3 + Zone 4

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Yes, all of those bids are unique. If you do them in that order, then you can use all of those rebids.

Of course you have to ensure that Zone2, Zone3, and Zone4 have only lesser-quality hotels than what you are seeking. (For example, if you are bidding for a 3* hotel, that Zone2 and Zone3 and Zone4 have only 2.5* hotels or less.)

I understand that in order to made an immediate re-bid you have to change something in the bid -- number of stars or location. Can you just change the amount of money you are willing to pay? I have been trying to bid on a room in downtown Denver by just changing my price, but it won't let me.

You can change the dates of travel, you can add zones, or change your "star" level. This increases the potential "pool" of properties available; the downside to this is getting a lesser property in an area that might not be your first choice. However, if you completely understand the rebidding process, these risks can be reduced and you can end up staying at a great property for a teriffic price. Hence, the purpose of this great message board!!

Laurie, can you start a new topic in the Colorado section of the board? We will try to offer a bidding stragegy for the dates of your travel and your budget.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]