Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ontario (Airport ONT West) Holiday Inn

Sutter
By Sutter,
in

12/22-12/25/2010.

1) Ontario Intl Airport ONT West Hotel $49: amenities, fitness center, pool, high speed Internet. Could be Ayres, Holiday Inn or Ramada Limited?

2) Ontario Intl Airport ONT East Hotel: same price and amenities. Aloft in Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga or perhaps Hotel Indigo?

(I realize I have an outstanding post regarding Upland-Rancho Cucamonga hotel in January; this would be on the same trip; have not yet made a decision on that January stay, but will post a conclusion as soon as it's known). Thanks.

For the WEST property, a hotel with this amenity combination has not yet been reported to the board. HOWEVER, if you change your search to 2adults/2children a 'new' 3* hotel appears for the same price with:

Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet

This matches the Ayres and Holiday Inn so either of these would be my best guess. (could be the Ramda but the user who reported that property didn't include the amenities in their post so it's not known if that property uses the same amenity combination as the above or not) Given the same price point and the amenities on this 2a/2c search is a subset of those appearing on the 2a/0c search, i'm guessing this is the same hotel as above, but can't be certain so if you're interested in trying to target either of these properties it would be better to purchase as 2adults/2children since that show the amenities previously associated with these properties.

The EAST property matches previous reportes for the Hilton and Aloft so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

12/22-12/25/2010.

1) Ontario Intl Airport ONT West Hotel $49: amenities, fitness center, pool, high speed Internet. Could be Ayres, Holiday Inn or Ramada Limited?

I just did that $49 deal for two nights and got the Holiday Inn Airport, so I'd say that's the most likely. It could also be the Residence Inn next door (got that a couple weeks ago for $48 at 3*). The RI is a bit better imo, but both fine...

To clarify: I was referring to the WEST one -- no idea on the EAST...

pbnews,

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when searching by topic title and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much all of you. Very useful. Since we don't necessarily need to be near the airport (visiting relative who lives in the area), I'm leaning towards the East properties, to be a little further from the airport noise (and noise of nearby trains). The Ayres has excellent facilities and the free breakfast is great, but last time we were there I heard train noise a few times (planes not so much). Will post when we've booked (using the links here, of course).

Helpful tips and reviews. Ramada Ltd. gets poor reviews on Tripadvisor, so just hoping to avoid that. HI and RI get rave reviews. I tried adding 2 children and suddenly restaurant pops up an amenity on the West hotel (still just one hotel appears for West, and at the same rate, but now shows a restaurant). Interesting technique (we could say we forgot the kids or, more believably, the airline lost them, though I'm sure the hotel doesn't care). Without knowing what amnieites the Ramads uses, a little bit of a chance except I'm pretty sure they don't have a restaurant, so if restaurant is included that would seem to rule them out.

From Expedia:

The Ramada does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.

It shouldn't be any problem booking for 2adtuls/2children and then not showing up with any children... it's just the other way around (ie- booking for less occupancy than you really are that can be a problem)

Entered two adults and 2 children for the 3-star Ontario Airport West Property and got the Holiday Inn. No free breakfast (as opposed to Residene Inn and Ayres Suites), but very highly rated on Tripadvisor.com. Amenities: shuttle, restaurant, fitness center, high-speed Internet access.

Details: Dec. 22- Dec. 25. Daily rate $49. Subtotal $147. "Tax recovery charges and fees," $21.96. Total cost $168.96.

I did use the HOTWIRE link from this site.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results of this well reviewed property.

Can you confirm that there was also a POOL icon in addition to the amenities you've listed above... you can still view the amenities associated with the hotel you purchased by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]