Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Somerset-Brunswick (East Brunswick-Edison) Hyatt New Brunswick

hotelfinder
By hotelfinder,
in

I have friends staying here and we want to book the same hotel. How do we bid on priceline to get the same hotel?

3.5* Newark (Airport EWR) Renaissance Airport

Thanks!

Also, have you been here? What is the Restaurant area like? How about the lounge area? Mood wise? Is it big or small? Is the lounge more than tall chairs at the bar?

There is no way to guarantee, or even target, a specific hotel with PRICELINE... you're subject to any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select)

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates a 3.5* hotel appears in the EWR zone with:

Shuttle, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Internet

This matches the amenity combination associated with the Doubletree (which is now the Renaissance) so that would be my best guess for this one, although the amenities are quite common for this area so there are no guarantees. If this is the only hotel you're willing to accept you should consider booking direct or thru a non-opaque source.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

What's the best way to bid to get either one of these hotels.
As per above, you can't bid on a specific hotel, whether it be in the Newark Airport area or these others zones... if you're going to use PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating, or higher, that you select.

Also, don't use the "retail" version of PRICELINE to determine your re-bid zones, the correct method is outlined here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How do I determine which hotels are located within a zone before I bid? I used to use the matrix for this process but since it's not being shown on PRICELINE then what would the work-around be? When I'm on the "name your price" side of Priceline I see a map with zones -- however priceline does not describe any of the hotels located within each zone...

At least, using the matrix was a method I successfully used that was available to target a range of hotels -- perhaps things have changed??

Thanks for the advice.

Not all of the hotels on the retail side necessarily work with PRICELINE or have inventory on the bidding side of the service (in other words; if the hotel is available on the retail side of the service for a set of dates, that does not necessarily mean there is inventory on the bidding side for that set of dates.)

Betterbidding's Priceline Hotel List for New Jersey provides a list of what hotels have been reported to the board in each zone.

As well, if you're trying to determine which zones you can use as re-bid zone, you need to follow the technique outlined here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

NEVER use the retail version or PRICELINE, or our hotel lists, to determine your re-bid zones.

Any questions regarding any of the above, feel free to ask.

Since the rennaisance was previously successfully bid at $45, and no other 3.5 or 4* hotel has recently been accepted at that price, simply bid $45 and you will probably get the Rennaissance.

If you have to rebid, bid up to a little less than the highest unsuccessful bid (or a few dollars below the highest successful bid) for the next higher priced hotel in the 3.5* or 4* category.

Since the Rennaissance is the cheapest in the area, I think PRICELINE will fill it first, even if people pay more than the requested price.

I am assuming that PRICELINE keeps the spread, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe they only get the $7 fee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]