Is this something new with Hotwire???

slruud
By slruud,
in

I'm aware that Hotwire has quit putting number of reviews when they include the Tripadvisor ratings, but just noticed they are including x% recommended of customer reviews. Just happened to check my March San Francisco trip and noticed a 95% recommended customer reviews which is close to what Tripaddvisor has.....93%. This may have been discussed previously, and I just missed it. It may just come and go, and this is the first time I have seen it.

This is fairly new... they started it about a 4-6 weeks ago, then pulled it, but have now started to use it again.

I haven't looked at it too deeply yet, but i haevn't noticed any correlation with TA info, i thought it was more in reference to their own surveys, but i'll keep in the TA info in mind when i eventually look at it further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I noticed today on Hotwire that the tripadvisor reviews have disappeared completely and have been replaced by Hotwire customer reviews. For example, it may state that a property is "recommended by 95% of Hotwire customers based on 50+ reviews". In addition, it may state something such as the property receives a "4.5 out of 5 customer satisfaction rating." If you click on "what's this", it says "AS REVIEWED BY HOTWIRE CUSTOMERS". It appears that the relationship with tripadvisor has been replaced completely by Hotwire reviews, making a property harder to identify. And after trying a few samples, I find there is no correlation between the Tripadvisor reviews and the Hotwire reviews.

I'm still seeing TripAdvisor stats on my Hotwire searches today, texashighway.

Maybe Hotwire is doing a trial using Hotwire stats instead of TA stats in select cities. In what city are you seeing Hotwire stats dispayed?

I tried San Antonio, TX for dates 01/03/2010 - 01/08/2010 and it showed TripAdvisor stats. And then I tried the dates 01/08/2010 - 01/15/2010 for the same city and it showed Hotwire stats. What is going on here?

That's odd. I just searched San Antonio for 1/8-1/15 and I get different results than you. I see TripAdvisor stats, not Hotwire stats.

Maybe it's browser specific? People report getting slightly different price quotes on Hotwire depending which browser they use. I'm using Explorer.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is a bit dated, but does anyone know why I don't see these figures on my home computer? I didn't know they existed on Hotwire until I looked at the site (of course I linked from this site) on the computer in our firehouse that has an outdated Internet Explorer program. I've tried it on IE, Mozilla, and Chrome at home and cant' see the recommendation percentages or TA info.

I was all set to make a purchase for an upcoming family trip to Chicago but thought twice after seeing a 75% satisfaction percentage that seemed low to me while at work last night.

Any ideas?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]