Priceline Hotel: Alpharetta GA - I declined to rebid

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

I wanted to stay in the Alpharetta area. PL shows a zone for Alpharetta-Norcross. I entered bid of $25 and the screen immediately began advising that they were searching for a room in the Fulton-Gwinnet area. I was not awarded a room but declined to rebid because I'm puzzled by the message (I had one free rebid available in this case). Screen shot in link shows PL map of the zones along with the message. Have any of you seen this and perhaps can explain?

link to PRICELINE Hotel Zones and Message

I've never seen this but it's certainly a little scary.

I would hope that Priceline would be able to back track and confirm that this zone was actually NOT selected, rather than give their canned response "you agreed to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone."

If you have the time, i would send them a quick email explaining the problem (just copy most of your text here if to make it easy) and ask them to look into your "footprints" on their site to confirm that you did indeed NOT select this zone. Ask them how they would have handled the situation had your bid been accepted.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just called their Customer Care line and got an explanation. Duh! I should have figured this one out on my own but didn't. If you enter Alpharetta as the city of choice on the initial screen, this message appears

Alpharetta, Georgia is located within the Fulton - Gwinnett area. Select the areas in Fulton - Gwinnett where you want to stay.

They confimed that the software did in fact bid for me only in the Roswell-Alpharetta zone but I found it confusing because there was a Gwinnett zone as well as a North Gwinnett zone. The key is the difference in the word "area" as opposed to "zone". As it turns out, I could have done a free rebid because the Johns Creek area was 2.5* and below. Not a problem - HW allows me to be in a slightly more restricted area and closer to the customer site where I have to present at 10 AM the morning after my arrival - the less Atlanta area traffic I have to deal with.... the better.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]