Hotwire Hotel: 4* Rancho Mirage Palm Desert Condo

rockymike
By rockymike,
in

Based on what I've seen on this board, the only 4* Rancho Mirage Palm Desert Condo on Hotwire is the Westin Villas. However, when I search for a stay from 11/21 - 11/24, the price on Hotwire is $309/night, but if I go to the Westin Villas website directly, I see a 1 BR condo for $250/night. Does anyone know if there is another place in Rancho Mirage/Palm Desert with 4 *'s that displays on Hotwire?

Welcome to BetterBidding, rockymike.

I don't know if the Hotwire options have changed since your search but searching on 2 adults/0 children now I see a 4* condo in Rancho Mirage-Palm Desert for $165--not the $250 you mentioned.

Are you searching on 2 adults/0 children or some other combination?

The condo I'm seeing has 18 icons, a 4/5 TripAdvisor rating, and appears to be a match for the Westin Mission Villas. At last report the WMHV had 19 icons. The "Parking" icon is gone now, but other than that this matches what's been reported for MMHV in the past---the icons and the TA rating.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase.

I was searching on 4 adults, because I wanted to have space for me, wife and 3 kids. Why would the price be different on the same 4* condo if there are 4 adults vs. 2?

Welcome to BetterBidding, rockymike.

I don't know if the Hotwire options have changed since your search but searching on 2 adults/0 children now I see a 4* condo in Rancho Mirage-Palm Desert for $165--not the $250 you mentioned.

Are you searching on 2 adults/0 children or some other combination?

The condo I'm seeing has 18 icons, a 4/5 TripAdvisor rating, and appears to be a match for the Westin Mission Villas. At last report the WMHV had 19 icons. The "Parking" icon is gone now, but other than that this matches what's been reported for MMHV in the past---the icons and the TA rating.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase.

Why would the price be different on the same 4* condo if there are 4 adults vs. 2?

I'm not personally familiar with the Westin Villa condos, but I suspect that like most condo complexes they have several different suite sizes and room configurations and that the unit you get when searching on 4 adults (now $295) is a larger unit than what you get when searching on 2 adults (now $172).

It appears to be the same condo complex whether searching 2/0 or 4/0...the same 18 icons and same 4/5 TripAdvisor rating either way. Only the price changes.

You might call the Westin Villas and ask for more detail about the size and number of beds in their smallest units.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]