Round trip ticket form denver to tallahasee

ma11
By ma11,
in

Anything is theoretically possible in the crazy world of airline pricing, but the odds that you can secure a flight on that routing on those days at the price you want to pay is less than 1%. There are three primary reasons: 1) you want to travel on very busy days during the holiday season -- demand pressure which is exacerbated this year by the way the holidays fall on the weekend; 2) you're travelling to a relatively small market, with fewer choices and limited seats; and 3) you've waited to the last minute (ALL holiday plans are best made MONTHS in advance, yet alone a routing like this).

A couple of choices. One, don't go. Two, go after the holidays. Three, change your travel dates. For instance if you leave and return a day earlier, you can probably get a routing for about $350 (really, the best you're likely to do right now for that week). Finally, if those days are set in stone, look for an alternative city relatively near your destination and rent a car (of course, if you're weren't going to rent a car in the first place, this will add considerably to your total expense). For instance, on the days you want to go, you could fly DEN-New Orleans on American for about $255.

Good luck. I'm afraid you're going to need it.

can you change your departure date to Christmas Day, Dec 25? I seem to recall that this is a slow travel day for the airlines and you might be able to pick up a low airfare on this day. I flew to Jamaica on Christmas Morning and got a cheap flight many years ago. Maybe you can catch the last flight of the day from Denver. Also, how about another airport near Talahassee? This may involve more ground travel but may save you some bucks.

i have looked at tickets leaving late christmas day and have stoll had no luck with prices, another problem is that i have to fly strait to talahassee because i cannot rent a car because i am only 17 i called the airlines talking about standby tickets only to find that they no longer do standby i think that i have painted myself into a corner but if any one else has any other sugestions i would greatly appreaciate them.

Out of curiosity, do those "student" travel sites actually result in lower domestic airfares? These days, with coach fares often astonishingly cheap (but not during the holidays -- especially at the last minute!), the airlines are very reluctant to offer further discounts. Heck, they even eliminated the 10% discount they used to give to seniors.

Looking at the days this student wanted, it looks to me like the statravel fares are exactly the same as those available elsewhere (which doesn't surprise me).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]