Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Conv. Center) Omni Royal Crescent

TJewel
By TJewel,
in

My plans are firm so just for the fun of it I decided to bid once a month for this postcruise stay in New Orleans. The Precruise stay will be more difficult because it is around Halloween. After discussing this with my cruisemate we decided we wanted to stay in the Convention Center. 4* or 3* hotels are fine with us. The lowest rate for 3* was 199 (prepaid Doubletree) and no availability Wyndham Riverfront. 4* lowest rate was $209 at the Sheraton with the other hotels showing availability with higher prices. Checked Hotwire and saw a 3* hotel in the Garden District for $158 and $144 DT. With so much time ahead I lowballed my bids believing that Priceline had no availability. My max was $80 for 4* and $60 for 3*. Started with 4* bidding at $50 and going up to my max, received no counteroffers. Started a new bid at the 3* level and began my bidding at $50 and used 2 free rebids and nearly fell out of my computer chair when I received the congratulations screen. :)

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

Convention Center

535 Gravier Street

New Orleans, Louisiana 70130

With taxes and service fees of $24.49 my total for a 2 nite stay came to 144.49. I always thought this hotel came under the Boutique catagory on Priceline so I never thought to check their rates. Talk about a pleasant surprise. I guess they have downgraded this hotel to 3*.

Congratulation on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

Thank you for the new hotel to add to our lists! In regard to ravinia's question, I have confirmed that this is indeed a 3* rated property.

Was $55 the previously rejected amount or did you bid in increments greater/less than $5?

What are the dates of your post-cruise stay... maybe we can help you find something.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

I started my bidding for 3* at $50 and went up in $5 increments with 2 free rebids and no couteroffers at the time of bidding. This is my post cruise stay. My precruise stay dates are Oct. 28th to Oct. 30th, 2005. For those dates we prefer to stay in the French Quarter in either a 3* or 4* hotel. The rates for these days seem pretty expensive so this may be a last minute bid. I already have a backup hotel booked.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]