Priceline Hotel: HELP.......3.5* - 4* for 10/24 thru 10/28

Nunya
By Nunya,
in

I have airfare but so far no hotel in SF for the dates of 10/24 thru 10/28. I would like to find a 3.5 to 4* in the USE, USW, Financial, or possible Fisherman's Wharf area. I've seen the threads over the last few days about the conference in town and the difficulty in finding rooms.

Is there hope in finding a room without spending $200/night for these days or should I reschedule my trip for the following week? Could I save a lot by waiting a week? Can I drop to a 3* and still enjoy my stay? I've never booked a room in SF but I'm hesitant to go below a 3.5 from some of the reviews I've read.

Thanks for your help.

I have airfare booked for SF arriving 10/24 and leaving 10/28 (4 nights). I would like to stay in the Financial/Embarcadero/USE/USW or, lastly, Fisherman's Wharf areas at a 3.5* or 4* hotel with a max budget of $175/night.

I would appreciate your input and bidding strategies.

Thanks

There is a large conference in town on these dates and you will likely have a difficult time finding something in these zones, at your minimum star rating, for this complete stay. If you want to try anyway...

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* hotel vs. a 3.5* rated property OR is the least expensive 3.5* hotel in the zones above what you're seeking? Do you want to include Fishermans Wharf in your original round of bidding or only after trying the other Financial, Embarcadero, USE, and USW zones? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is there hope in finding a room without spending $200/night for these days or should I reschedule my trip for the following week? Could I save a lot by waiting a week? Can I drop to a 3* and still enjoy my stay?

Rates are substantially lower if you wait a week.

For your original dates HOTWIRE only has one 4* hotel Downtown for $289. That's in Nob Hill zone.

If you move your dates forward one week (10/31-11/4) HOTWIRE has 4* in multiple zones for less than half that price. There's a 4* in USW for $95, so you might get that on PRICELINE in the $80's.

But if you want to keep your original dates I think you can have a good time staying at a 3* hotel too.

Try splitting your accomodation into two. You should find 24th is the most costly night followed by 25th, and prices return to normal after that.

If you bid in two tranches, you may be able to achieve an average cost of $175 over the period. eg $275 per night for the first two nights and $75 for the second two nights.

Alternatively stay at the airport on the first night, which you should be able to pick up for around $60-90 and factor in two taxi rides to and from the city at $45each way.

Good luck

I got accepted for 3* Civic Center for $230. Holiday Inn Golden Gateway. I'm happy with this result given the lack of rooms/insanely high rates for this night. I would have loved to move my dates, but I have show tickets for 10/24.

BTW, I booked another room (via this forum's PRICELINE link) in San Francisco for 11/7-11/8. My result was much better: 4* Union Square West $70 Hilton San Francisco. As you can see here, if you're flexible with your dates, you can save a great deal and get a better room in a better area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]