Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt

JTravel
By JTravel,
in

First of all, I'd say thanks for this site.

I plan to visit NYC during 12/25 to 30 and the schedule is firm.

Since almost everybody got Jersey City Hyatt with $38/day,

I was so happy. However, it turned out I had no luck.

I tried upto $56 w/o getting anything with 2* and 3*. I thought that's

weired because it's not a Christmas eve and/or a new year's eve.

I was so desperate and decided to take hotwire deal of $60/day

(Hyatt Jersey city as expected).

It's all set now. But could anybody tell me what was wrong with my bid?

I first stated with $38 3* Jersey City. Then I included *2 and North-Bergen

area. And I tried every combination upto $56. And I split the date.

Since hotwire had deals of 3* $63 12/25-12/28, 3* $65 12/25-12/27, and

3* $160 (not sure the exact number) 12/28-12/30, I tried 12/28-12/30 and

12/27-12/30 to PL upto $45 with no luck. Finally I got counter offer to

add $16 when I trired $56 and I turned it down. Waiting another 3days and

raise bid upto $58 did not make any sense because final cost including tax

and fee of PL ($58) is not better than hotwire ($60). So I took hotwire $60.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'd hardly call using Hotwire "desperate" as they were able to fufill you request while Hotwire was not. Haven't looked at rates for these dates in 12 hours or so i suspect they're still in excess of $200+/nite... so i think you did very well.

If you're looking for non-NYC things to do i recommend the BAJA RESTAURANT which is within walking distance of the Hyatt and i have arranged for board members to get 10% off of their check there... full details in the previous link (also, as mentioned in the link, stick with the "Baja Special" or the steak fajitas... other items are 'ok' but these two in my opinion are what make a visit here worthwhile). Hoboken is also worth a visit and here is a link for HOBOKEN BARS and RESTAURANTS.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I stayed here about 3 weeks ago and made the same request, I asked the clerk for a room with a nice view, and was accomodated. My stay was during Thanksgiving week and the hotel was not full. I might call on your arrival day, just after the "morning rush" of guests checking out have gone as the clerk will have more time to check the room inventory. I would mention that this is a special occasion, your first trip to NYC or something like that and ask for room with a view of Manhattan. It can't hurt!!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe meters are enforced on Saturday but not on Sunday.

There is a self-park at a reduced rate of $15/day, but you need to get your parking ticket validated by the front desk. I would pull up and ask the bellman out from where the appropriate self-park lot is located so you don't go into the wrong one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from my NYC trip. Everything was perfect except cold weather ^^.

Checking in was smooth (I got a two-bed room). I could save two day parking fee because I used meter parking in front of the PATH station. The meter is not enforced during holiday and Sunday. I was lucky to stay this wonderful hotel with a budget price.

Sorry to be a little late, but the meters across are enforced only between 9am and 6pm, so if you're out for the day you probably would not need to pay for parking there...out of our four days we only paid parking for the one day we went to NYC...

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]