Hotel Name: Westin Savannah Harbor Resort

1 Resort Drive

Savannah, Georgia 31402

Zone: Savannah Historic District

Your Offer Price: $85

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $85.00

Taxes: $10.20(12% tax rate indicates that PL paid $85 for this room)

Processing Fee: $5.95

Total Lodging Charges: $101.15

Sunday May 11 (1 nights)

** Additional Resort fee to be charged is $12.95 per night (includes unilimited water taxi and free self parking)

Okay... I have officially found Westins "honey spot".... (note previous posts @ $86 and $94)-- It appears that PL's cost for this W is the same on any given night---

I now have Tuesday thru the following Sunday night (on 3 seperate bids)-- except Thursday night!!! (*&$*&@#$(^% GRR..!)

** Any idea on getting the missing night??-- I figured maybe cancellations required 3 days in advance might open something up??

Does PL get ahold of cancellations>?? or does the hotel just eat them.. or hope for a late booking... considering they're solc out (less the cancellations....)?? :)

I know you probably wouldn't want to leave it so late or pay so much, but I bet if you showed up at the front desk on the morning of the 8th (or even asked about it on the 7th), you could get a rack rate room due to cancellations. Then you could always try a quick Priceline bid for less, and then come back for the room if you didn't get it.

I don't really know, but from what I've read, hotels have different policies regarding whether or not they release rooms to Priceline and when they do so.

Also, don't know if you tried this already or if it would work in this case, but maybe try the Help or FAQ section of Priceline for "Can I add nights to my accepted hotel reservation?"

You could try adding an earlier or a later night on to either end of one of your existing reservations. It might be worth a shot, but if the hotel is still considering itself "Sold Out," WillTravel's suggestion may be the best.

You might phone and ask for them to add you to a WaitList also, explaining that you already have some nights reserved.

Just to let you know---

My wife and son checked into the Westin-- they loved it by the way - but, due to a large convention on Thursday the 8th- there were no cancellations.... (zero- none- nada- zippo!)

Fortunately, my good- natured wife took it in stride and walked over to the closest available hotel under $150- ended up being a HOJO's!!! (by the way- listed at $95 online- couldn't get anythin same day on PL- and with her natural charm and influence.. she got it at $65--- of course the coupon on the check-in counter helped!)

Early... Early... Friday morning, they checked out of HOJO's and spent the morning and early afternoon at the Westin pool... before checking in again for Friday Saturday(tonight) and Sunday.

The moral of the story is.....

If you're easy going and keep a sense of humor-- you can break up you're PL stays and still come out ok (or in my case... stay blissfully married!!)

Dodged that bullet so well, I'm using the same tactic at the next gymnastic meet in Milwaukee (see post for Hilton there!) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]