Adding another night with Priceline booking...

Kev
By Kev,
in

I booked a Priceline and a Hotwire hotel in Philly for a few nights, originally it was just going to be myself travelling.

My brother is now coming with me, and I was wondering if it would be OK for him to stay as guest No.2 on my reservations (with no extra charge).

I initially booked and stated 1 person when I made the reservations on Priceline and Hotwire, but I noticed that only the Hotwire confirmation e-mail mentions the number of guests staying. It says Rooms: 1, Adults: 1, Children:0

What would happen if we both turned up to check-in? Would they make him pay for another room, or charge him a supplement? or do you think it would be OK?

How about the Priceline booking. It only states, Number of Rooms: 1, Number of nights: 1 on the e-mail confirmation. Do you think that would be OK?

Thanks,

Kev.

I only see this Priceline Philadelphia Marriott winning bid thread and other UNRESOLVED THREADS... one current and others from 2 years ago. Can you please follow-up your threads and share your upcoming HOTWIRE purchase with the board so that the other information can benefit other users.

Then bump this thread and we'll comment regarding the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to follow this one up, and close it. I didn't get anything in the end, unfortunately.
For the future it woudl help if you also posted what you did do for the stay (even if what you did was cancel the trip)... posting where you did end up staying could give another idea of a suitable accomodation for their own stay if they're having trouble getting a win with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

With your stay(s) above, all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy so there won't be any issue there.

For HOTWIRE it's a bit trickier since most rooms booked for one person will also accomodate two, but at some hotels they may have some rooms which are only for single occupancy (ie- one double bed). I would call the Radisson and innocently inquire "i booked a room via HOTWIRE and my brother is now thinking about coming with me, can you let me know what type of room i've been assigned to and what type of bedding configuation it has". You may be told that the room will be assigned at check-in at which point you can ask if all rooms at the hotel accomdodate double occupancy... or if you're assigned a room with a Queen or King bed you can request if they can change it to a room with 2 beds (assuming that is what you'd like for this stay). Make a note of the name of the clerk you spoke with just in case there is ultimately a problem, but if you're at least told that all rooms will accomodate double occupany, i wouldn't anticipate any problems and i'd think it'll go smoothly.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info re the double occupancy bit. I'm sure, after what you said, it will go fine.

And yes, you are right, even if I don't actually make the trip in teh end, it would be helpful if I posted this in future. I'll make sur ethat i do.

The only other outstanding one I have now is my San Francisco trip at the end of October, which I am still not having any luck with, but I have decided to wait until closer to the travel time, and try again.

Thanks for the help :)

Kevin.

Just a follow-up question to my Philadelphia Priceline booking for later this month.

I booked a one night stay at the Marriott Downtown Philly for Saturday 26th for myself (although I am going to add my brother to this now).

Anyway, he is flying out on the Friday, so needs one nights accomodation for the Friday night, and it would obviously be helpful if he could stay at the Marriott on the Friday so there i no messing about moving hotels when I arrive on Saturday.

Anyway, if I was to use the "add another night" option on my Priceline booking and managed to add Friday 25th, would my brother be able to check-in for that night rather than me, or does it specifically need to be me that checks in (seeing as I made the initial booking for the Saturday)?

Is the extra night a brand new booking, or simply an extension of the original booking? If it is a new booking, can I make it under a different name (i.e. my brother's) ?

Anyway, I have never needed to use the "add additional nights" option on Priceline before, so I am not familiar with how this works, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin.

I will, of course add this info to my original post once I have sorted things out, for anyone maybe trying to do something similar in future.

Thanks for the info re the double occupancy bit. I'm sure, after what you said, it will go fine.

And yes, you are right, even if I don't actually make the trip in teh end, it would be helpful if I posted this in future. I'll make sur ethat i do.

The only other outstanding one I have now is my San Francisco trip at the end of October, which I am still not having any luck with, but I have decided to wait until closer to the travel time, and try again.

Thanks for the help :)

Kevin.

I have more a question about priceline as in another thread of hotwire 2 double beds will be offered if saying travelling with 2 adults and 2 kids but in priceline I can't select these so it is difficult for us to bid on priceline if you really need 2 double beds or am I wrong?

Guido,

If you bid on PRICELINE, there's no guarantee of two beds. You can make a request to the hotel for two beds, but hotel can work with you, say no or charge you an upgrade fee. However, again, they can simply say no.

Kev,

"Extend your Stay", as far as I am aware, is an extension on the existing reservation, so you would be the person on the reservation still.

Thank you for adding to the original post when you make your decision.

"Extend your Stay", as far as I am aware, is an extension on the existing reservation, so you would be the person on the reservation still.

Just partly going through the "Extend your stay" process (not finishing it in case I get stuck with a night that I/my brother cannot use), this is what it says about how the "extend your stay" works:

How It Works

We will book your additional nights as a new reservation and charge the credit card you originally used for the cost of the additional nights requested plus Taxes and Service Fees. Customers who place a request using their profile will be unable to add nights if the credit card information originally used has been removed.

So, it looks like it is a completely new booking for any additional nights, so is there any way of making this additional night in my brother's name, and not mine?

Has anyone ever used the "extend your stay" facility and knows what is beyond this page. Is there anywhere to put a name in for the person the reservation is for?

How It Works

We will book your additional nights as a new reservation and charge the credit card you originally used for the cost of the additional nights requested plus Taxes and Service Fees. Customers who place a request using their profile will be unable to add nights if the credit card information originally used has been removed.

(emphasis added)

"YOUR additional nites" meaning that it's the same name as the existing reservation.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If your Add a Night request is accepted you'll have two separate Priceline reservations, both in your name, with two separate Priceline Request numbers.

Policy and procedure vary from hotel to hotel but in my experience most hotels ask that you stop at the front desk the morning after your first reservation, check out, then check back in. This could include showing your ID and having your credit card swiped again. I've stayed at a few hotels that didn't require this but most of them do.

I'd call Marriott and ask if you can add your brother's name to your original one night reservation. If they'll do that for your original reservation I don't know why they'd object to it for the Add a Night.

Good luck!

If you try to add a nite one of three things will happen:

1) you'll be accepted at the same hotel at the same bid price as your previous purchase

2) PRICELINE will state that they have a room, but not at the same price... they'll tell you the price it's available for and you then have the option to accept or reject that price

3) PRICELINE will state that no rooms are available for the additional nite(s)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]