Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Bellevue-Redmond) Hyatt Regency Bellevue

SandLake
By SandLake,
in

From Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I haven't posted my winning bid - because it would be of no use to anyone, it was my first time using Priceline and I didn't do enough homework - entirely my fault

even seasoned bidders make mistakes, and I have made several over the years. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are bound to repeat them.

Booked through Priceline

I was looking for a hotel in downtown but by mistake rebid by adding the Bellevue zone as I thought it didn't have any 4* hotels - it is the only other zone in Seattle that does!!!

The hotel looks and sounds lovely - it's just too far out.

Entirely my fault, I have thrown myself at Pricelines mercy but they don't want to know.

You reap what you sow.

Where on their website does it say they will cancel (PRICELINE and HOTWIRE??) reservations for $50? Is that per nite or per reservation?

I might have a few thoughts based upon the total fee to cancel.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I go onto the Hyatt website and select Customer Services/Existing Reservation/review or modify reservation, then enter my details and press 'retrieve reservation', then press 'view', I am presented with a page with my reservation details and on the right hand side it has a section which says

Room/Rate Info

Cancellation Policy:

50 United States Dollars Fee Outside 72hours/One Night Fee Inside 72hours

Thanks for your patience with me

I would speak the Hyatt directly to determine if this reservation can be cancelled (for a fee) or not and be upfront that you booked thru PRICELINE. The hotel doesn't have any of your credit card details (you pay PRICELINE... PRICELINE pays the hotels with their own credit card) so it would be somewhat difficult for them to issue you a refund unless they have PRICELINE involved as well.

If you are able to cancel it sounds as if it may be worth the $25/nite cancellation fee... you could then use PRICELINE, or HOTWIRE, which had a 3.5* for $89/nite which would enable you to stay downtown with no additional out of pocket expensive (although it would be a lower rated hotel) We can try to help ID this property if this is an option and still offered once you confirm the cancellability of your existing reservation.

Since your stay is so far away, another thing to keep in mind is to keep a watch on PRICELINE to see if this property is downgraded to a 3.5* at all (i'm not saying that it should be nor that this is likely to happen), but star ratings of hotels do change all the time. If it should be downgraded down the road, you'll be able to get a refund thur PRICELINE since it's not longer deemed the 4* hotel you set as your minimum threshold.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you do call the hotel regarding the calleation message on the website let us know what you find out.

• 2 months later...

If you cant cancel your reservations, still stick with it and dont worry about it, we love the Hyatt Regency in bellevue, and it isnt that far at all to Seattle. We have stayed there 4 years in a row in December to do Christmas shopping, when I first tried, I wanted downtown Seattle and had no luck so added Bellevue and got the Hyatt and we would never think of going anywhere else. Just a little concellation thought!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]