CA Los Angeles Residence Inn Beverly Hills

varnau
By varnau,
in

Warning about this hotel... the last time we stayed was maybe july and everything was AOK... this time around we were not so lucky.

they were doing major renovations to several floors, meaning MANY of their rooms were out of commission so we ended up stuck with a smoking room. to be fair the front desk staff was as helpful as they could be, giving us keys to several rooms so we could see which one was least offensive.... we HATE smoking so of course we still weren't pleased with the results but the one we ended up with was as good as any smoking room is going to get. oh and one of the keys they gave us was to an occupied room -- thankfully it was early afternoon and the people we startled were just watching TV and were very nice about our intrusion so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

AND the priceline reservation never showed up. they tried to charge our credit card again and then wouldn't give us a receipt showing that the charge had been removed. luckily the double charge did not show up on our credit card bill but it did not leave us very confident about this place.

long story short -- i'd suggest trying to avoid this place until they complete renovations.

(oh and yes we just needed SOMETHING that night so we decided saving an extra $10 wasn't worth getting shut out -- plus we lowballed our first bid -- we make bids for this trip a lot and almost never get the $60 hyatt west holly wood that sometimes shows up but we always try for it and then know we're usually going to have to go up to stay in that area)

• 3 years later...

Follow-up on my priceline hotel stay. Great property, not a resort (no pool) etc. but very well located for out of town guests, very close to Beverly Hills shopping, several really nice malls, etc. Downside $22 parking. Very comfortable room with the kitchen as a bonus. Highly recommended. My purpose was visiting my daughter so I was delighted with this property. Nice amenities such as complimentary computers in the lobby.

• 6 months later...

I've stayed here twice on Priceline. Pleased both times. Hotel is at the corner of Beverly and Pico, across the street from the Crowne Plaza. It's mostly a residential area. Hotel is seven stories and to me it feels like a nice apartment building more than a hotel.

Factor's Deli is a half block away and delivers to ResInn. Menus in room. Otherwise not a lot of shopping/restaurants in the immediate area, which is mostly residential. ResInn has a free shuttle that delivers guests within a 3 mile radius, which includes Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Blvd and the clubs on Sunset. (I don't know if the shuttle picks up from those areas too.)

Rooms are suites with separate sleeping and living areas. Living rooms have a pullout couch. Full kitchen with appliances and utensils. Free breakfast buffet. (I've overslept it both times. Can't comment.)

Parking is $22/night, valet only. Many parking restrictions in the surrounding neighborhood and you won't find a free parking alternative within walking distance. I've looked. Metered spots are usually available on Beverly, just north of the hotel. If you check in after 6pm and leave before 8am you can park on the street for free. Expect to have a ticket by 8:01am if you oversleep.

Overall a classy hotel for the price. I'm happy to win it any time I can.

p.s. First poster mentioned being given a smoking room. The ResInn is now 100% smoke-free.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]