Priceline Hotel: San Diego (Coronado)

danthegator
By danthegator,
in

I'm trying to successfully bid for the Loews Coronado for 8/26-9/3/09 but see that both the Loews and the Marriott in that area are 4* properties. A winning bid for early August was won for $140 but I'm not sure which way the winds are blowing. Non-priceline prices for the time I'm looking at are ~185/night. I've read that the Marriott is really not a resort that is going for resort prices and don't really want to risk being trapped there. Any ideas?

Welcome to the site.

If you are going to bid on PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept the possibilities. If you are not willing to accept a potential hotel/hotels that could appear, then I would recommend not bidding for that area and/or that star rating. I'd recommend instead seeing if HOTWIRE - where one can make an educated (if not guaranteed) guess as to which hotels are showing - has anything of interest.

What would be your budget per night?

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchase.

The $140 rate you saw for early August at the Marriott doesn't have much meaning for your own dates... this property could be avaialble for much less, or much more, or no availability at all.

Have you searched HOTWIRE for your dates as suggested above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I've won the Loews a few times and never the Marriott. Although you could win the Marriott, the Loews historically goes for less on the bid history. I've won the Loews in the past for 119 and this year 100 (Memorial Day weekend). The Marriott has come in, but I have not seen a posting for that little. Take the risk and bid $100. If you stay below $120, it's unlikely that you would win the Marriott.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]