Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Westin Jersey City

Keoni
By Keoni,
in

Not trying to encurage you towards something you don't want, but the other 'known' hotels in this zone at the 4* level have been gretting some great reviews, as evidenced by these Westin reviews and these for The W.

Keep us updated as to your progress or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt is built on a pier abutting into the Hudson, so both sides of the hotel (which is built lengthwise on the pier) have views of the city... it's more of a question of uptown/downtown as to which view you'll have, rather than view or no view. (which is one of the perks of this hotel)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt is built on a pier abutting into the Hudson, so both sides of the hotel (which is built lengthwise on the pier) have views of the city... it's more of a question of uptown/downtown as to which view you'll have, rather than view or no view. (which is one of the perks of this hotel)

:)

I've stayed on the pier several times and had both views. I prefer the left side of the hotel which gives you the view of

the Empire State building and others, but second place ain't bad either with a view of the Statue of Liberty. In any case,

we'll probably have a cocktail in the VU Bar and take it all in!

I'm still holding out for the HOTH and was disappointed tonight to see the Hyatt come in at $85 which could also land the

Westin. In the end, I'll be thrilled with any of the 4*'s at the PRICELINE price but still hoping for the Hyatt.

Regards, Keoni :)

I was hoping for the skyline view of Manhatten that you get from the Hyatt.

a few years ago, I was offered some kind of suite at the hyatt on the 6th floor at the end of the pier that had a wet bar and a small conference/dining table. Albeit stunning views, it had a sofa bed and no desk or work area, so I settled for a standard room with a view of Lady Liberty. Good Luck

a few years ago, I was offered some kind of suite at the hyatt on the 6th floor at the end of the pier that had a wet bar and a small conference/dining table. Albeit stunning views, it had a sofa bed and no desk or work area, so I settled for a standard room with a view of Lady Liberty. Good Luck

Anyone know of something afoot during Labor Day weekend? The HOTH is coming in on Priceline at $199 Sat Nite, $189.00 Sun nite,

and only $119 Mon nite. I am continuing to bid $71 then re-bid $72 which have both "hit" recently. I then drop Sat nite off and start

again at $71, then rebid $72 but since Sun nite is not much less than Sat nite, this strategy doesn't really make sense. Any suggestions,

or should I continue to wait it out.

I don't see anything that unusual with the above.... it's a Holiday Weekend so Monday is the 'new' Sunday. The hotel is likely expecting more weekend guests than usual due to the holiday so prices are a little higher, but by Monday nite leisure guests have already gone home, business travelers haven't arrived yet, so rates are much lower (as they are on a typical Sunday nite at most hotels)

I don't see anything that unusual with the above.... it's a Holiday Weekend so Monday is the 'new' Sunday. The hotel is likely expecting more weekend guests than usual due to the holiday so prices are a little higher, but by Monday nite leisure guests have already gone home, business travelers haven't arrived yet, so rates are much lower (as they are on a typical Sunday nite at most hotels)

I ALWAYS do...

:) Modified my strategy slightly, now bidding $71, rebid - $72, rebid - 75 as these have all "hit" the Hyatt but not

the Westin. Also trying the alternate weekend of September 18-20. This trip is centered around a start point of Washington, DC

and I'm trying counter clockwise thru NYC, Cape Cod, Halifax Nova Scotia, Quebec, Onterio, Montreal, Toronto, then Niagra Falls

and back to DC, or Clockwise going the reverse direction.

• 1 month later...

Revised my bidding strategy again and was only shooting for 6 - 8 September at 4 Star Level

based upon previous "hits" at the Hyatt on the Hudson. Strategy follows:

Jersey City 4* Opening bid $72

Jersey City and rebid zone 1 $75

closed browser

Jersey City and rebid zone 2 $80

all zones $85 CONGRATS!!!! you won the Westin Jersey City Newport!

Asked if I wanted to add to my stay so I picked up the 4th and 5th of September at the same price.

All in... $85.00 x 4 nites x 2 rooms = $680.00 + $126.76 taxes/fees = $806.76

Lowest discounted internet rate at the hotel website $181.49 per night = $1451.97

Savings on Betterbidding $645.21!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]