Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Napa-Sonoma (Vallejo-American Canyon) Ramada Inn

SFranco
By SFranco,
in

Well a few succesful experiences with HOTWIRE in the last couple of years I finally got my own bad experience to report, hopefully it will help somebody else. BTW i am planning on challenging this with my credit card as I seem to be getting nowhere with hotwire customer service. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

DETAILS:

June12 to June14, 2 rooms, $72

2.5* hotels in Vallejo/American Canyon

Got the RAMADA INN, which not only gets awful reviews on trip advisor, but it's a 2* on MOST other travel websites, AND I can get the same price as Hotwire by booking with the hotel (fully refundable)

I feel so stupid and ripped off, and will never use Hotwire again.

Their reasoning for the 2.5* rating is that Orbitz has the hotel at 3* so that "averages" to 2.5* with all the other 2* websites. Well I didn't want to get into the math details of averaging with ths "supervisor".

So anybody looking in this area BEWARE!! you're better off going through a local hotal directly, there are no "deals" on HOTWIRE

Welcome to BetterBidding, SFranco.

Sorry you didn't get the hotel you were hoping for. (What were you hoping for?)

Is this the Ramada Inn on Admiral Callaghan Drive in Vallejo? We want to be sure we're adding the correct hotel to the Hotel List.

Also can you also add the icons HOTWIRE associated with the Ramada? Without those icons other readers won't be able to identify or avoid the Ramada, as there are other potential 2.5* hotels in the zone too.

In the future if you have doubt about a hotel's ID feel free to post here for confirmation prior to purchase.

So anybody looking in this area BEWARE!! you're better off going through a local hotal directly, there are no "deals" on Hotwire
Sometimes there are very good HOTWIRE deals in this area. This just wasn't one of them.
  • 1 month later...

Hi thank you for your reply and I'm sorry it took me so long to report back.

I've had time to "cool off" after my original post, I guess I was miffed by the "discount" that wasn't a discount but I would love to share my experience to help other people, and hopefully one time I will get one of those great deals I read about :)

The hotel WAS the Ramada Inn on Admiral Callghan Drive in Vallejo.

The amenities listed were:

Comp breakfast

Pool

Restaurant (there wasn't one in the hotel but a bunch within walking distance rather)

Laundry facilities

High Speed Internet access

listed at 2.5*

All in all the price we paid was basically the normal price, the hotel had a (very cold) pool and a small spa so at least the kids were happy...the bathroom was tiny and seriously outdated (and a bit moldy), they room had old furniture but the mattresses were semi-decent. All in all I wouldn't stay here again but hopefully somebody else can use this info and plan accordingly.

Thanks!

Restaurant (there wasn't one in the hotel but a bunch within walking distance rather)

If the hotel did not have a restaurant on-site i would contact HOTWIRE and let them know the hotel was not as represented... they'll need to update their amenity combination for this property and will likely give you some hot Dollars to use on a future purchase.

If you do pursue the above let us know the outcome.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]