Priceline Hotel: Help finding best deal in Rome, Italy!

J_Sweets
By J_Sweets,
in

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time using this site, so I'm assuming I would be using it correctly, by explaining the trip, date, and budget, then someone helps me to find the best deal, hopefully I'm right. The dates are Departing: March 26th, 2010 and then returning: April 2nd, 2010. We would be flying from Orlando, Fl, to Rome, Italy. We do not want to stay anywhere else and if we do visit anywhere else we will get a rail ticket for one day travel to probably Venice or Florence. We are aware that it normally is an overnight flight, so the hotel reservations would be for 7 days 6 nights, March 27th, 2010 to April 2nd, 2010. We are hoping Flight and Hotel will be $2,000 or less. Some may say that is impossible but really it isn't, I've seen some great packages for 800 a person, but I just figured why not get some help. We would like a hotel close to the city centre as, we will not be renting a car, we will be doing the walking so we need to be close to transportation. We would like a Double room (that's what they are called over there) a room with a double bed, Queen Bed, or King, just one that will sleep the both of us. This trip is for our Honeymoon if that helps and matters. If there is any other information anyone needs, please please please let me know, and I will provide it, and thank you so much for your help. One last question, has anyone heard any complaints about "Name Your Own Price" with International trips? Thanks a bunch!

:)

Also, we would like a 3 star hotel or up, and also it doesn't have to be an Italian based hotel, it can be an american based hotel located over there as well, such as crowne plaza, holiday inn, etc...

Also can someone who has been to Rome that time of year during the end of March, beginning of April, what is the weather like over there?

Hello,

Sort of new to this site, and just posted my travel plans on another topic, with questions. But now I'm wondering with Priceline and Hotwire, do they have it where you can bid on hotel and airfare together, like a package? Also for anything on there, are you required to pay everything upfront or is it like most hotel reservations, you reserve with a card and pay when you arrive? How do they work payment for the Airfare? THank you everyone!

Keep in mind that particularly for a honeymoon, a 3* Italian hotel can be rather basic, and might fall short of what you like, even if the price is rather high.

I wouldn't consider a daytrip to Venice - that is a minimum of 4.5 hours by train. Florence is possible, as it's 90 minutes by train.

To get an idea of the general prices, have you taken a look at both individual airfare prices for your dates (even if it's not the best time to buy now), and regular hotel prices for your dates, and package deals for your dates? I think $800/person total is impossibly optimistic.

In Rome, nice and modern chain hotels are located mainly on the outskirts. Nice, modern chain hotels in the center of Rome are very expensive at regular rates, although you can sometimes get a good deal with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. 4.5* on Hotwire or 5* on Priceline will generally guarantee a nice hotel in a nice location (no guarantees, though).

... and with PRICELINE there is no bidding on packages, they will tell you the price and the name of the hotel (unlike bidding for the hotel where you will not find out the name of the hotel until after your purchase)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]