Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego Downtown -Harbour

bcsystems
By bcsystems,
in

There is a 3* on hotwire for $66 a night. I don't see a list of Hotwire hotels with those amenities on your list. This one does not have a pool?

Suite, Fitness Center, Complimentary Breakfast, Kitchenette, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service)

We think its Staybridge suites but no one has reported on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still searching for a good deal for 11/10-11/14. I now see in Hotwire a 4* for $93 in downtown. It's a best value and customer favorite pick. Any thoughts on what hotel this maybe? Aside, I assume most if not all downtown hotels requires valet, which essentially adds another $25/night. Any thoughts on other areas outside of downtown that maybe a good location? Possibly walking distance to some activities...thanks..

Based on the vacation package, it could be Omni San Diego. However, those icons are fairly generic for 4* hotels. Unless you know a particular 4* hotel does not have those things, you couldn't exclude it.

Hotwire does have an Old Town zone so you could consider that. I think the Holiday Inn Express might be showing for your dates.

If you look at the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST for this area (in the second post) you will see that the amenties and star rating match those of the Omni. In the first post of that list shows the same combination of amenities describes the Wyndham Emerald Plaza.... so it could be either one of them (or some other property we don't yet know about), but those two are my best guesses

(edit by thereuare)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What do you mean by vacation package?

The rate seems too low for the Omni. Current rates for the Omni are going for $279/night.

This is a way to get hints about hotels on Hotwire.

Click the Packages link and set up an air/hotel package that goes to the city you want to visit (say San Diego), for the same dates you are going. Then take a look at what hotels come up when you do this and note what their icons are.

There is a fair correspondence, but nowhere near 100%, between what is shown in the vacation packages and what hotels are available on Hotwire directly.

When I tried this yesterday for your dates, the only two downtown 4* hotels I saw were Sheraton Marina and Omni. Omni matched up. Sheraton Marina did not have the high-speed Internet icon. But the lack of an icon doesn't mean Sheraton Marina doesn't have it - you'd have to phone the hotel and ask if they have high-speed Internet in order to know for sure. And of course it's quite possible that another hotel, like Wyndham Emerald Plaza, might not be participating in the vacation package, but still participating in "regular" Hotwire hotel bookings.

Could be the Wyndham,the Grant or the Hilton Gaslamp.The customer coments say with in walking distance to the gaslamp.Theres also the chance of the westin hortons plaza could come up as its hitting right & left on Priceline right now.Theres a couple of hotels in that list that I would not want to take the chance of getting.If your going to go for it you might as well go for it on PL and pay less.

Good luck and let us know

I doubt that it would be the Gaslamp or the Grant as the amenities don't match up to previous reports.

bbbb, I don't know which hotels you would try to avoid, but given the amenity matching, and this property (based upon amenity matching) most likely being either the Omni or the Wyndham, would Hotwire be a better choice? Of course this is not necessarily the case if the Omni or Wyndham are any of the hotels you would be trying to avoid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some of the reviews I have read about the grant and the rooms they give Pl guests are not that great.I have gone over to the wyndham and looked at the rooms and they are nice,the lobby is super nice.My thoughts are that its the Wyndham since its not the sheraton as we can tell by the customer reviews.I have never seen the Omni come up for less then about $105 on PL so I am about 99% sure its not the Omni.

I would be more then happy to get the Omni or the Wyndham but would not want to wind up at the Sheraton or the Grant.If you get the Sheraton you better have a car or a lot of cab $$$ and hope to get into the main building.

Another option could be the ES missing the big S icon but I don"t think so as I have never seen the ES come up on Hotwire.I met a lady that won it on PL for $80 when I was staying there on a rate of $215.

I have bidded as high as $85 on PL without a win. I do have a car which is a reason why I maybe hesitating to spend much more for a DT hotel. I was hoping to stay under $100/night but with valet, there goes another $25 a day. Not sure if its worth paying for the convience to be able to walk from the hotel to boardwalk, pier, gas lamp district, etc vs paying a little less for a room further out and drive in. Or I guess they have those trolleys..

I have been staying in the DT area for years until my last trip where I won the Hyatt La Jolla for one night and the Hilton Torrey Pines.Both hotels were great and I will now be staying in the coastal zone as a result of these PL hotel stays.The drive to DT is not bad at all.

I was treated very well by both of these hotels on my PL stays witch is a lot more then I can say for the Hyatt Manchester Grand where I have had poor treatment on both PL and full price stays.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]