Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Sheraton Gateway

Sutter
By Sutter,
in

Hotwire lists a 4-star hotel near LAX at $69 for night of May 28. Amenities listed are airport shuttle, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, Internet. I gather from the list, and other messages, that this is likely the Sheraton Gateway or Westin. Apparently Priceline uses the Rensisance Montura (among others), which gets better marks on Tripadvisor than do the Sheraton or Westin, so may try Priceline first-- for the chance that we'd get the Renaissance, without a guarantee of course-- and go with the Hotwire $69 if need be. If I get 2 rooms through Hotwire are they definitely in the same hotel? Priceline says they would be. Thanks!

Westin has been reported with those icons in the past. Sheraton hasn't. I'll go with Westin.

It looks like the 3.5* Embassy Suites South is also available for your date. They're $2 more than the 4* ($78 vs $76) but you'll get a suite and free breakfast for your $2. If you're interested it's the 3.5* hotel with 8 icons including Suite.

Please let us know where you end up, Sutter.

Amenities: suite, airport shuttle (doesn't say if 24-hour), breakfast, pool, fitness center, restaurant, kitchenette. I gather from the list of Hotwire hotels on this site that this is likely the Embassy Suites LAX South (El Segundo). I've seen some responses here saying that they matched the list of amenities with a hotel using the packages section of the Hotwire site, but while I found that section of the Hotwire site I could not see how to find a specific hotel. Thanks!

When you reference the 'packages' section of HOTWIRE you are looking to match the complete set of amenities that are listed for a particular hotel with the amenities listed in the regular 'hotel search' section at the same star rating.

Since the 'packages' section is not separated into zones, if you do find a hotel that matches star ratings and amenities you then have to reference it on a map to make sure it will fall into the right zone.

Generally the amenities listed on the 'packages' are the same as on the 'hotel search', but they may be different.

However, I'd agree with you that this looks to be the Embassy Suites LAX South.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]