Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mira Mesa) Country Inn and Suites SD North

wennos
By wennos,
in

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help ID this hotel - dates are 16 - 20 May, price is $139 per night.

Amenities include:Fitness Center , Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center,High-speed Internet Access, Spa Services,Children's activity program

***Just changed up to $139 from $125 last night - should have been quicker!****

Many thanks for any help :)

A moderator will merge this with your La Jolla ID request, wennos. Please keep all posts regarding this stay in the same thread.

I think this is probably the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/Sea World. It's been reported with these icons in the past. In Hotwire Vacation Packages the HI is showing with those three icons plus Restaurant. The Restaurant icon comes and goes for this hotel.

You can purchase this from Holiday Inn for $105.25, so $89 isn't much savings after Hotwire fee. Something like $10 per day.

Oops! Sorry about that - will do that in future.

How about this one:

2.5* Mission Valley / Hotel Circle $65 per night

Amenities - Smoke free, complimentary breakfast, fitness centre, pool, business centre, laundry facilities, high speed internet

Thanks again :)

I'm happy to try and ID that hotel, wennos, but before I do can you describe what you're looking for in a hotel on this trip? Your ID requests have been all over the place....from 2.5* to 4.5*, from $65 to $139, and in three different zones.

If I had a better sense of what you're looking for I might be able to offer more targeted suggestions.

Sorry about that.... probably up to $100ish (on Hotwire), maybe with complimentary breakfast, be great if it had a separate bedroom as by the time we get to SD we may need a bit of space from the children!

Am open to areas, we will be visiting Seaworld, Legoland, Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo or maybe the wildlife park, La Jolla, Coronado for lunch etc etc. We'll have a car as well. Sorry the zones are all over the place - have no idea about the 'perfect' area to be in for our plans, so figured it didn't matter as we'll have the car!

Although now you've asked me that, maybe it does...................

Thank you so much for your help :)

They are 10 & 7 - happy to sleep in a bed together if need be. We had just about decided on a kid's suite at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo and then I found these wonderful sites and thought a bit of extra spending money would be nice! Particularly with how sad our dollar's looking against yours at the moment :)

Since you're visiting attractions all over San Diego County one good option is HOTWIRE's Mira Mesa zone. (PRICELINE calls this area "Sorrento Mesa".) It's not immediately next to any popular tourist sites but it's sort of in the middle of them all. You can drive north to Legoland or Wild Animal Kingdom and south to the other places. There are several suite type hotels in Mira Mesa zone that will accomodate four and offer free breakfast and free parking.

Checking on "2 adults/2 children" Hotwire has a 3* in Mira Mesa that looks like a match for the Country Inn and Suites, for $69/night.

Icons: Nonsmoking, Pool, Restaurant

Splitting your stay is another possibility. You could book the Country Inn for two nights as a base for your trips north to Legoland and Wild Animal; and book your other two nights at a more resort type of hotel near the beaches, at a higher rate. The four nights together would still come in under $100/night average.

If you like the Country Inn idea please use this HOTWIRE link when you purchase.

Thank you so much for all your help - I really appreciate it!

Subject to finalising our itinerary I will book the 3* Mira Mesa hotel. After lots of google-mapping I can see its only a maximum of 20mins to everywhere and we're happy to travel.

The only question I have is....... if Country Inn has a complimentary breakfast, and the mystery hotel doesn't have that icon, is it likely to be something else? Or it is the Country Inn and they have not listed all their amenities?

Sorry for more questions, and maybe sounding like i want everything, but the Country Inn looks nice and I think I'd be disappointed if it ended up being something not as nice without breakfast. eg Woodfin.

Cheers!

PS Sorry, one more general question... Are the hotels on Hotwire generally always available with just the price varying? Just wondering whether it was worth risking waiting for the price to go down (or up!) or is it a case of grab it now or miss out?

Apologies in advance if this is a "how long is a piece of string" question :)

We can't see the hotel name either, so there is always a chance that it could be something other than the Country Inn and Suites... this 'unknown' factor is the reason for the discounted rate. All that we can do is put together as many pices of the puzzle and try to see the picture being formed. In this instance thease are the amenities that have previously been reported to be associated with the Country Inn and Suitesin the past, it was reported at this star rating, and the Tripadvisor information provided by HOTWIRE is consistent with this property... so it certainly looks like the Country Inn and Suites... but there are never any guarantees.

HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so generally if you see a hotel that you're happy with, and it's a good deal, it's generally better to take it, imo, rather than risk it disappearing entirely (which is antoher risk factor in addition to the price going up/down).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can also purchse just one night instead of four to see what you're getting; then if you like the outcome purchase the other three nights. (Check first to see the same hotel is offered for 1 night and 3 nights .) You'll pay a little more that way because you're paying two HOTWIRE fees instead of one.

In this case my confidence in the Country Inn ID is fairly high though (though it's never 100%).

Hello again, have definitely decided to book thru Hotwire, am getting brave though and have decided to risk waiting for a price drop :)

One question....have noticed there is no Trip Advisor rating on the hotel details screen any longer. Is that just me (I changed computers over the weekend) or is it a change to their website. Hope its not the latter, was getting quite good at detective work using it :)

Actually, sorry do have another question - I received a trip watch update today saying my hotel had dropped from $65 to $49, click here for details. When I did that my hotel was actually still $69 but there was another for $56??? The only $49 was Encinitas??

The $56 may be ok, its amenities were :

Non smoking

Fitness center

Pool

Restaurant

business centre

laundry

hi speed net

Any thoughts?

Many thanks, once again!

I've never set up a tripwatch but i believe it's search based and therefore HOTWIRE doesn't know which hotel you were watching waiting for a price drop, so you're notified if any of the hotels on your previous search go down in price.

What is the star rating of the Encinitas property above? Is this a reasonable price for you (as opposed or would you be waiting for a lower price)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, that makes sense - was just confusing as I assumed they meant my exact hotel I was watching!

Encinitas is probably a bit further out of town than we would like. Think we will just wait and risk it - I noticed that 'my'' hotel drops to $52 about a month out, so will cross fingers and grab it asap if it does :) Otherwise, back to the drawing board!

Any thoughts on the disappearance of the Trip Advisor rating circles????

The TA ratings have been gone for a few days now... this has happened before and they ultimately returned; not sure if that'll be the case this time or if they're gone permanently. We'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thank you so much for all your help!

I have just booked the Country Inn & Suites Mira Mesa for $49!!

Am very excited as just this morning it was showing at $66, thought I'd have one look before bed and it had dropped to $49.

I'll go now and start a new thread with the winning dates/details etc. What a buzz - my heart stopped momentarily as I poised over the "book now"button.....

Many thanks once again !!!

Hello! Have just purchased this hotel on Hotwire.

Country Inn and Suites By Carlson San Diego North

5975 Lusk Boulevard,

San Diego, CA, 92121

Amenities were:

Smokefree

Pool

Restaurant

Trip Advisor rating was 4/5

(Note: According to website it also includes complimentary breakfast, which wasn't a listed icon??)

Thank you!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results looking forward to your stay. Don't worry the waiting for your results becomes a little less nerve wracking after a few purchases... but it may never go away entirely! :)

Regarding the Complimentary breakfast, the hotel will have all amenities shown, but wont' necessarily show all the amenities offered. For example, i'm sure the property offers Hi-Speed Internet as well... yet that icon isn't shown either.

thanks for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]