Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Minneapolis-St Paul (Airport MSP-MofA) Holiday Inn Bloomington Ai

num1tigerfan
By num1tigerfan,
in

I wanted an inexpensive spring break trip to MSP for myself and 2 children. We planned on doing the mall and nick universe then heading back to rest and for a swim. We were awarded with the holiday inn bloomington airport. This hotel is undergoing major renovations and the hotel has gotten very bad reviews because of this. This just makes me sick that they would use a hotel that is undergoing major renovations that is completely not up to 2.5 or 3 stars. This is very unfair. :)

welcome!

We would hope that this turns out better than the reviews, but remember that the intent of this board is to to provide a resource to assist in making PRICELINE and HOTWIRE bids and purchases. Can you please post the details of your winning bid below and include the zone that you bid, the ammount and dates of your stay? This could help others bidding in this zone.

We can comment further, thanks!

Sorry this happened, num1tigerfan.

I had lunch at the Green Mill (the restaurant in the Holiday Inn's lobby) in January and the pool renovations were well underway at that time. I'm wondering if renovations might be complete by the time of your stay. If not, Holiday Inn has multiple properties in this zone and they may have an arrangement to let you use the pool and facilities at one of the other Holiday Inns. Not very convenient, I know. Have you contacted the hotel and asked when the pool will reopen?

This Holiday Inn has been one of the most rundown hotels in the Mall of America zone for a long time. It's also been one of the least expensive, via conventional booking or on Priceline. Its condition was reflected in the 2.5* rating. All the other HI's in the zone are rated 3*. When the renovationsa are done I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets bumped to 3* too.

As dahammer mentioned, please post your travel dates and the amount of your winning bid.

Sorry for forgetting the dates. 3/21/09-3/22/09 2.5* $37 holiday Inn Bloomington airport.

After getting the accepted page, I immediately went to the hotel website where this hotel is undergoing major renovations. It states on the website that the pool,whirlpool, and fitness center are all closed until 4/1 due to extensive refurbishment. :)

I am a member or trip advisor so I checked it out on their website. Now I know you can please everyone, but there wasn't any good reviews of this hotel, which is scary. I am glad I only booked one night (to see what it was) instead of the 3 we were are staying. I may just chalk this up to lost cause and book elsewhere to avoid the hassle. Reviews complained of sinks sitting in the hallway, constant banging from construction etc.

I do think it is pretty sneaky that priceline is using these hotels when they know they are not up to the *'s listed which is not fair to the consumer. A bit of false information in my opinion.

thanks for the follow up and for posting your results. I would give PRICELINE a call and ask if they would let your void your bid because of the renovations and that the hotel's amenities are not available. PRICELINE may let you cancel for a $25 charge if you successfully rebid for the same dates of travel.

good luck and let us know how you make out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]