Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Red Lion

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Posting on behalf of a friend who just doesn't get off his sorry a*s to share his winning PL results with us here :) (despite the fact that he learned the whol bidding and rebidding process from me and I gave credi where it was due).

He's in town for Bumbershoot. After bidding up to $110 last year for 4* and being very underwhelmed by the Sheraton that he was awarded, he opted for 3*. I haven't stayed at this propery but have stayed at a Red Lion in Bellevue. It was was unquestionably a 3* property - I think he got a good deal at $79.

Thanks for passing it along.

Part of my recent Seattle stay was at the Bellevue Doubletree and i wrote a REVIEW, but i did see the Red Lion while i was there (i was keeping an eye out for it as we don't have this brand on the east coast) and from the outside it did indeed look like a typical 3* property.

I'm surprised your friend was underwhelmed by the Sheraton as just about all of these REVIEWS give the proerty very high marks. As well, the Westin has been coming up more frequently lately (just the ebb and flow of the trend) and we were very pleased by with our stay there.

If you're friend is a 'foodie' as much as i know you and i both are, have him check out the half price bar menu from 5pm-7pm at Brasa that i have been raving about (you can read my comment on the second page of THIS THREAD on Aug 19 2004, 03:51 PM).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm surprised your friend was underwhelmed by the Sheraton as just about all of these REVIEWS give the property very high marks.

He just didn't think it was really 4* caliber but in part his sense of mild dissatisfaction was based on the fact that the previous year he stayed at the Elliott Grand Hyatt when it was going for $40 or $45 per night on Priceline. He didn't expect to get that kind of deal again but paid about $110 last year for the Sheraton and there were a few minor problems with his room.

I'll mention the Brasa deal to him - he's not a serious foodie but likes good food as does his GF.

I might.... just might.... get back to Seattle in early to mid January for some more espresso training but will have to balance that around another planned trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]