Hotwire Hotel: 4* SFO South Burlingame - HYATT - 9/11 and 9/17

thesilb
By thesilb,
in

2 one night stays 9/11 and 9/17 (I have given up on Priceline coming back into play so I sucked it up). $49 and $48 respectively. Notes:

1. I can get the price to vary from between $48 to $57 by just closing the browser, dumping all cookies and immediately requesting again. I just kept going until I got $48 or $49 (time is not worth keeping trying for one extra dollar...)

2. Interestingly tax and fee is always $15.95, regardless of the price between $48 and $57.

3. BEWARE - see my other post - THE SHERATON IS COMING UP FOR THE SAME 48 TO 57 RANGE! Same stars (4) EXACT same amenities - Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business. I thought I saw somewhere or another this was a 3.5 star. Anyway, no longer.

4. Sometimes you'll get a "golf" icon as well, sometimes not. Its really weird. I am convinced it just pops in and out randomly to throw things off. The icon means "golf is nearby". So I guess if golf is nearby they either let you know, or sometimes they don't, to spice things up. I see no correlation between Hyatt and Sheraton - both had the golf icon sometimes and somtimes did not. Obviously none of these SFO airport hotels have golf on site.

FWIW, this Hyatt has great Entertainment rates available. For your dates that would be $54.50 for 9/11 and $64.50 for 9/17. Especially the 9/11 rate is so close to the Hotwire-rate that it in my opinion barely makes sense to go for that. Especially considering that you get points on that rate plus a guaranteed 1000 bonus-points GP1000 offer...

Not meaning to "scold" you on that, but just for your future consideration. Entertainment books can be purchased through a link on this board, and the 2004 ones (good through 11/2004) are currently all $9.99 plus 5$ shipping (buying one will offer you the hotel savings anywhere in the US).

Greetings - Dirk

Yes, I kind of winced when I saw your post. I've been getting the $54.50 rate for lots of Saturdays in July and August. With tax it comes to about $60. I also got a $99 Entertainment at the Grand Hyatt in Union Square for a Sat. night. These are the only 2 Hyatts in the Bay Area that have Entertainment rates. Yes, it feels strange to be able to cancel them last minute if need be!

I did a $54.50 last night, they did not ask for my Entertainment Card though I had it with me. Obviously this is so much of a better deal than $49 plus $15.95 through Hotwire, risking getting the Sheraton, possibly not getting applicable GP bonuses, and on the entertainment rate of course you earn points on the cost of the room.

Thank you for pointing this out for me. I was able to book 6 more nights all at $54.50 or $59.50 plus a night at the Grand downtown at $89.50.

Can someone help me on this? I just read your posts and would like to understand. I have been trying to book on priceline and not having any success. We are looking for 9-18 to 9-25. I am not real stuck on any particular location, just want to make sure we are in a nice area that we can get around easily. I would like to stay under $100 a night. What you are talking about sounds great. Can you give me any feedback and how this entertainment thing works?

You need to telephone the Hyatt SFO directly during business hours (or the Grand Hyatt). The Hyatt SFO is 650-347-1234. Tell them you want the "Entertainment rate". You will need to get an Entertainment Card (possibly, to be safe you should definitely get one in case they ask). If you buy the newly released San Francisco Entertainment Book, this will give you some nice 50% off dining and touring coupons, to boot. The "entertainment rate" seems to be 1/2 of whatever lowest rate is showing as available. I have found that Hotels.com is a nice place to be able to display day-by-day lowest rates. Good luck!

Obviously this is so much of a better deal than $49 plus $15.95 through Hotwire

In terms of what I guess you're doing, this rate is a killer deal for Diamond Gold Passport members as you basically get "half board" with the coupons you receive at checkin. As a Diamond you get a room with Dinner (while the choices are limited and called an "Appetizer", they were a full dinner for me) and Breakfast for two for 54.50 plus tax - hard to beat anywhere, let alone near such a big city.

Greetings - Dirk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for asking!

On the top right of every page is a link to HELP SUPPORT BETTER BIDDING and all of our affiliate links are located there.

The above breaks everything out by category, and there is an alphabetical listing HERE.

Here is the link for the Entertainment Book (which currently is offerng FREE SHIPPING).

Thanks in advance for your support! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you see a link after this colon: Entertainment Book

If not, do you have Norton Internet Security running? By default Norton is blocking affiliates links on their newest product (much to the displeasure of many web publishers who work hard at directing traffic to various merchants).

If you, or anyone else can't see the "ENTERAINMENT BOOK" link in the first line of this post, you can turn off ad blocking for the internet OR just for BetterBidding. Here's how:

Turn off for entire Internet:

Double click on the norton globe in your taskbar or browser

Select "Ad Blocker" from the main screen

Click "Turn Off" on the right hand side

Turning off just for BetterBidding:

Click the down arrow next to the globe on your browser

Uncheck the "Block Ads from this Site" box

As you can see by this example, this is a major problem, for here is a user that is looking for a link, wants to support a given website, and Norton has decided that they shouldn't be able to do so (well, at least not easily). Sure the solution above 'fixes' this situation, but how many millions of other users are there on the net that aren't even aware of the problem.

Slojane, i'm also sending you an email with the link in case you still can't see the one above. Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh, thank you. I thought I was losing my mind. I do have Norton and had no idea about this blocking.

I did get your email. Thanks for that also. BTW, what is so horrible about the Sheraton that shows up as 4* in Burlingame (sfo)? We are staying in Bgame for Thanksgiving as we always do. We usually get the Hyatt or Doubletree thru Hotwire and they are both fine.

Thanks again.

The Sheraton is just fine...but make sure to request a room not facing the airport as with high winds you m not be able to sleep because of the wind-sounds.

Other than that I consider the Sheraton a tad better than the Doubletree and a tad below the Hyatt.

Greetings - Dirk

some users are targeting Hyatts for their Mastercard/FFN promotion.

Thanks to all for the info. Althoughh the HGI was available at a points-earning rate of $59, the chance for another FFN credit was even better :) SO I just booked for a Saturday night in September!

And since I needed an Entertainment Book, I picked one up using the Better Bidding link - easy as pie (or is that PI ) ???

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]