Priceline Hotel: 4 star Hotels in New York Times Square

MissNadal
By MissNadal,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see all hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List for this area.

If you let us know the dates of your stay and your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

my max budget would be about 285 dollars a night

I don't know when you are going or for how long, but I've gotten hotels there for much less than that (for just one night), so hopefully it will work out. If you don't have any luck, I would recommend trying MTE and MTW areas (start again much lower), because it's just as convenient, and sometimes cheaper.

1. The link below is a "Stay 4 Nights, Get 2 Free" at Starwood Hotels. For 8/16-22, you can get an upgraded Club Floor room at the Westin Times Square for $389 for the first four nights, last two free. Total would be $1556 divided by 6 = $259.33

Stay 4 nights, get 2 free

So, with that, you would have a very nice upgraded last portion of your stay.

HOTWIRE then has a 4* for $195 in the Times Square/Theatre District Zone for 8/9-16 for $195 with the amenities: fitness, business, internet, restaurant. This would appear to be either the Crowne Plaza Times Square or Millennium Broadway.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if this is of interest.

So, with this plan you'd have an average of about $239 per night, an upgraded room for the last 6 and two different Times Square properties.

2. The HOTWIRE 4* that would appear to be either the Crowne Plaza TS or Millennium Broadway for $195 is available for your entire stay for $195.

Are you willing to explore the possibility of staying in other Midtown areas? There are quite a few good deals in the Midtown East area that would definitely be an improvement over the prices in the Times Square area.

Are you willing to explore the possibility of staying in other Midtown areas? There are quite a few good deals in the Midtown East area that would definitely be an improvement over the prices in the Times Square area.

Before answering the above, i would give this thread a read which has our thoughts on searching only for Hotels in Times Square

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey

Thanks a lot for your help i really appreciat that

I am going to take up the offer for the Westin as it looks amazing and i stayed in a Westin in LA and it was heaven but i thought i couldnt afford it in NYC but thats a fantastic deal

So just going to look for a deal for the first week i do like the look of the crowne plaza times square

What are the exact remaining dates that you need?

With PRICELINE and HOTWIRE you won't be able to choose the hotel that you receive, only select the minimum star rating and the general location of the property. (although with HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to the property you will receive based upon the amenities shown)

If you'd like to proceed, let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept and your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and please use our Westin link for your "Buy 4 Get 2 Free" reservation)

• 2 weeks later...

I have never gotten this error on Hotwire but did receive a similar message from a different online travel site. I had just used the card to make a separate online purchase; the credit card company froze my card for security reasons. It took a few days to reactivate the card.

I don't know if this helps you in your situation but whenever I have any trouble with online purchases I start with my credit card company.

The above does match both the Millenium Broadway as well as the Crowne Plaza, but HOTWIRE also shows a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 with 380 reviews... of these two, this only matches the Crowne Plaza, so that would be our best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Hotwire has a 4 star hotel in Midtown East at 165 USD a night

With a Fitness Centre, High Speed Internet, Business Centre and Restuarant

The above is a match for the Doubletree Metropolitan as well as the Omni Berkshire so either of these would be our best guess.

The above is in the Times Square zone? If so it matches both the Millenium Broadway and the Crowne Plaza, so either of these would be our best guess. With no additional clues provided by HOTWIRE it can't be determined which one is more likely than the other.

I was reading thru this thread and earlier you had commented that you booked the WESTIN for part of your stay and at that point were only looking for a subset of your 10/9-10/22 dates... did you not book that and are still looking for the full date range?

EDIT to ADD: the tripadvisor rating is showing on my search right now, 3.5/5.0 with 400+ reviews, making the Crowne Plaza our best guess. Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Ok here is the situation

There is a hotel on hotwire for the dates 10 of August to 22nd of August hotel is 4 star in times square

It is either the Millenium Broadway or the Crowne Plaza

Since it is for 12 nights could i book the first 6 nights and then when i find out what hotel it is can i then book the next 6 nights

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]