texashighway
By texashighway,
in

Staybridge Suites San Bruno

1350 Huntington Avenue

San Bruno, California 94066

(650) 588-0770

Amenities: Suite, shuttle, breakfast, pool, business center, laundry

Customer favorite; Tripadvisor rating 4.0 out of 5 based on 20+ customer reviews (Last reviewed September 2008)

Hotel rate per night:$53.00

SubTotal:$212.00

TaxesAndFees:$33.93

TotalPrice:$245.93

It certainly wasn't any surprise that I got this property. In fact, I may have gotten it cheaper on Priceline where it is considered a SFO 2.5*; but I was afraid of getting Best Western or an "upgrade" to Holiday Inn. I definitely wanted the Staybridge. I called the property and verified that they only have one and two bedroom suites; there are no studios. They said there are only 3 suites available these nights and they offered to book me one for $169 per night!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this email from Hotwire about my upcoming stay:

We periodically review our representation of our hotel partners' star rating. After doing so for this hotel, we have decided to adjust the star rating to 2.5 stars. While we are confident in the quality of all our hotel partners, the new rating more accurately reflects the service level, accommodations and facilities of this property....As such, have credited to your account $25 HotDollars for each night of your stay.

Rechecking 2/14-2/18 on Hotwire what appears to be the San Bruno Staybridge still shows up as a 3*. Or shows up as a 3* once again? There's now a Highspeed icon in addition to the six icons you posted.

I wonder if Hotwire downgraded the Staybridge to 2.5* for a couple days, then upgraded it back to 3*? Hotwire's been fidgeting with their ratings a lot lately...a half star down, a half star up....more than I'm used to seeing.

I don't think this 3* could be anything but the Staybridge. TripAdvisor says 20+ reviews. Staybridge and Super 8 are the only San Bruno hotels with 20+ reviews. Super 8 isn't suites and I've never seen a Super 8 rated 3*.

I have actually stayed at the Super8 in San Bruno while it is definately not a 3 star by any means, it was very nice. I would rate it as a 1.5 star there rack rates however don't reflect a 1.5 star property, they are in fact pretty high. I have also stayed at the Staybridge and do find them to be 3 star, not 2.5 star as Priceline rates them. I would bid with Priceline for the StayBridge but am deathly afraid I would get Regency Suites which does not get good reviews what so ever.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]