Hotwire Hotel: 3* Modesto Can't figure this one out

slojane
By slojane,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for helping to spread the word.

Not too much to differentiate between the Radisson DoubleTree and the Red Lion. The Radisson Doubletree does offer a free airport shuttle and that amenity is not listed with the other icons, so from that standpoint i would lean towards the Red Lion, although some hotels don't list all their amenities. The Red Lion does offer hi-speed internet access for free in the business center, but if it's only available in the business center i don't think this warrants the hi-speed internet icon (may be worthwhile calling the hotel to see if hi-speed internet is available in the rooms?) From these standpoints i would lean slightly towards the Red Lion over the Doubletree.

Remember also that at times Hotwire can tend to be a bit liberal in thier ratings, so i'd also consider the Courtyard a possibility as well.

Have you thought about trying Priceline for this stay? They offer 2.5* and 3* hotels in this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi. Thanks for your help. The Radisson is in Stockton and that's too far away. I was comparing the Red Lion with the Doubletree. Courtyard doesn't seem to have a pool.

I hadn't considered Priceline, because I'm afraid that I'll end up with the dreaded Red Lion. What's a girl to do?

Think I'll just book the Doubletree for $89 (yikes) rather than get stuck with something that I hate.

Thanks again for all your help. Again, I'm loving this site!

I meant DoubleTree... not Radisson in the above post. I saw that the Radisson was not in the correct zone. Sorry 'bout that.

From Expedia:

Courtyard by Marriott Modesto

Property Amenities

.... exercise room, fax service at a charge, free outdoor parking, heated outdoor pool and whirlpoool, ice and vending machines, non-smoking rooms, Courtyard Cafe for dinner delivery daily, restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner....

(bold added by thereuare)

However, MARRIOTT's website lists it as an outdoor pool. Somebody's information is incorrect, but either way i'd guess they do have a pool. If you click on the Marriott link above they have rooms for your nite at $99/nite and they offer free internet access. Don't know how this property compares in quality or location to the Doubletree, but the free hi-speed internet makes them equal if that's something you'd use and pay for at the Doubletree.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]