Priceline:"One-time Opportunity" message

engineer
By engineer,
in

I got this message when trying to bid for Sedona resorts on Priceline using various permutations...

-------

Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $90 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxx-xxx-xxx-xx. If you are willing to raise your price by $22, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

-------

I think that its a strong hint that if I go to $112, I'm going to get my selection - but wondering if you have had success trying again from scratch for less?

Yes, you'll likely win at $112, but you could also probably win for a little less by using our your re-bid zones and increasing by lower increments, as per Priceline Counter Offers.

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I have gotten that message a few times. Typically it means I'm close to a winning bid. If I have time, I either rebid at about the half way price with using rebid zones (only do that If you understand rebidding 100% or you could end up with a winning bid in an area you don't want to stay in) or I wait the 24 hours and then up my bid. IF I know I want that area and those dates and don't want to mess around with getting the lowest bid, I take the offer as it will be a winning bid.

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]