Hotwire Hotel: 2* Mt Pocono (Mt Pocono-Tannersville) Mt Pocono Motel

wettonfan
By wettonfan,
in

I booked a 2* Hotel today via Hotwire for a Saturday nite stay in Mount Pocono, PA. I ended up with a very rundown Mount Pocono Motel as what I got even though in the Hotwire guidelines I was to receive a 2* name brand Hotel ( Days Inn, La quinta, Quality Inn, or similar ). Instead I got a motel. Just wanted to let this board know about this. I called Hotwire and they told me they could care less. I have since disputed it with my credit card. This " motel " has awful reviews all over the internet and is listed as 1* on priceline. I got ripped off. Also i found it for $15 less on a lot of other sites.

After numerous emails to Hotwire about Mount Pocono Motel not being a name brand hotel, Howire agreed and refunded my money. I am very please with that final result. that place was the cheapest place to stay in the entire area and should not have been sold as a 2 star name brand hotel. Buyer Beware!

Glad to hear you got a refund, wettonfan.

Please post the price and dates, and the Mt Pocono Motel's icons. You can still view the icons in "MY ACCOUNT" on Hotwire's homepage. I think there are other 2* hotels in this zone and if you don't post icons other bidders won't know how to avoid the Mt Pocono Motel.

I just looked at the Mt Pocono's reviews on TripAdvisor and they're pretty funny (if you're not staying there). All six reviewers rated the hotel 1 out of 5. Mold, mildew, flies, rusty nails. One reviewer mentioned blood on the walls!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]