Same Day Hotwire?

vanclan
By vanclan,
in

I think I've read somewhere that you can make last minute hotwire reservations. We are planning to go to the airport in Toronto on Christmas Day to pick up family. Normally southwestern Ontario has such mild Christmas weather, we never expected snow to change our plans. If we find we cannot get to the airport or if we decide to stay in Toronto once we get there, how late can we make hotwire reservations? And how soon after making the reservation, can one check in? The flight arrives at 9 pm Christmas Day.... Hopefuly we won't need this info, but once never knows....be prepared is my idea!

If you think you might need a room in Toronto on Dec 25 due to weather you ought to book a cancellable reservation in advance.

Hotwire alllows same day reservations until 11pm local but if bad weather comes in that doesn't mean they'll have inventory. In heavy storm conditions hotels are likely to yank their Priceline/Hotwire inventory, hoping to sell their rooms at full price to walkins and stranded travellers.

If you think you might need a room in Toronto on Dec 25 due to weather you ought to book a cancellable reservation in advance.

Hotwire alllows same day reservations until 11pm local but if bad weather comes in that doesn't mean they'll have inventory. In heavy storm conditions hotels are likely to yank their Priceline/Hotwire inventory, hoping to sell their rooms at full price to walkins and stranded travellers.

Is it possible to book a cancellable reservation on hotwire or do you mean calling into the hotel directly? If you call in directly I'm guessing it'll still be cheaper than retail (just walking in), right?

You can't book a cancellable reservation on Hotwire.

Booking on the internet is probably better than over the phone, as an internet reservation will provide a paper trail documenting that you booked a cancellable rate. You don't have that proof on paper when you book over the phone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]