Priceline Hotel: dtw bidding suggestions.

nick5
By nick5,
in

Too soon? March 3, 09

I'm looking at the 3.5* as both the Embassy or the Marriott would work.

I'm thinking 45.00? It is mid week.

I also think we would have to pay the extra for parking at 9.00 a day. But the park and fly for Embassy is 169.00 plus tax and fees. We would need 8 nights.

Suggestions?

thank you,

Cheryl

and of course I would use the PRICELINE link provided here to bid with.

Are you willing to accept other 3.5* properties or are these the only two that would work for your needs? While these are the only two reported to the board, there could be others and you could be the first to report a new hotel at this star level to the board, or you could also be upgraded to a 4* property.

Are you comfortable receiving any 3.5* property or higher in this zone? If so, what is your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you willing to accept other 3.5* properties or are these the only two that would work for your needs? While these are the only two reported to the board, there could be others and you could be the first to report a new hotel at this star level to the board, or you could also be upgraded to a 4* property.

Are you comfortable receiving any 3.5* property or higher in this zone? If so, what is your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Sorry for the delay.... ended up working on a trip to Disney in March. Ok,, I would not care if it was another 3.5 property not yet reported. I would be a bit bummed if they upgraded me to Westin 4* only because the parking is high high high. I loved staying there before with the park and fly option but this time it is running 299.00 plus tax and fees. We both know that is not going to happen.

So,, that being said, 80.00 a night would be my max because at that point, I could bid other areas for less and then just drive in that AM. Staying close to the airport is nice, but now Priceline has too many other options in nearby areas for bidding. No point in bidding too high.

Cheryl

ps,,, If we were upgraded,, we would deal and figure out the parking off site.

While I'm not familiar with the area, HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the Airport Area with the amenities Shuttle. Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf. This would appear to be a match for the Crowne Plaza Airport. If it is the CP, that hotel gets very good reviews on Tripadvisor and, according to the website, has free parking.

If this is of interest, it would be greatly appreciated if you could start your purchase by using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Given the prices I'm seeing, I'd bid $50 for a 3.5* for these dates on PRICELINE. However, if you like the option of the potential Crowne Plaza, that's available on HOTWIRE. If $50 isn't accepted, $55 24 hours later.

PRICELINE link: PRICELINE

If the HOTWIRE listing is the Crowne Plaza, the price I'm seeing - $78 (you may see a slightly different price) is about half off the lowest website rate.

Thanks Aaron. Because you suggested it, I did check it out. (don't you love trip advisor, I do) Anyway I ended up calling directly to compare options. Parking is free only one night. It is funny they have a park and fly (up to 8 nights) for 179.00 plus tax and fees. Yet, when asking what the room rate was without PF, it was 169.00. Quik Park which is right next door is 9.00 a night, bring it to 247.00. Not that I can afford anything like that, but might as well stay at the Westin and walk right up to termial as Westin is located in the airport.

So anyway the 78.00 hotwire, with fees bring it close to 85.00 and 8 nights of parking comes to 157.00.

Thank you for helping!

Still looking.

Cheryl

Just to toss out another idea - although it isn't quite the level of hotel you wanted - the Fairfield Inn Detroit Airport has a $129 price rate for 8 nights park/fly. Just thought I'd throw that idea out.

Good deal. I'll actually go with that if I don't get a bite on a bid. I tried 3.5* tonight DTW for 43.00. Rejected. I'll add a few bucks and see what happens. I found the price break between Fairfield Inn and bidding priceline and paying for our own parking at around the 57.00 mark. So, let's see what happens. The reason why hotels are so high in that area is the mid week date. Before when we flew out on the weekend, rooms are handed out cheap as all the business suits have left. BUT we booked round trip Detroit to Orlando at 139.00 a person, which includes taxes and fees.

thanks for finding Fairfield Aaron.

Cheryl

Happy to help! :)

Let us know if you have any questions, and I'll be on the lookout for other park n'fly deals for this date.

Well Aaron,,, I did end up bidding the other day on a priceline 3.5* DTW 43.00, it was rejected. I was going to come back the next day and just move to 45.00. But holiday's festives took over the spare time, so never did a rebid. Meanwhile, while home for the Holidays (we live on the other side of the state), our daughter offered up her appartment for the night and also will take and drop us off and pick us up from the airport. We have never gone this route because she only has the one bedroom, but she is going to stay with friends. I like Hoteling it, but don't want to turn down her offer as it was sweet of her.

So as of now,, not booking anything. But once again, thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

Happy Holidays!

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]