Anyone ever used the (add a night) function on priceline after you mak

sacjay
By sacjay,
in

So after you make a reservation on priceline Ive had this happen twice. I was always wondering what this feature was and how it works. Ocassionally priceline will ask you if you want to more nights to your exsisting reservation. I always wondered if you can add a night for the same price you booked it for originally. Does anyone know how this all works, Id really like to know.

So after you make a reservation on priceline Ive had this happen twice. I was always wondering what this feature was and how it works. Ocassionally priceline will ask you if you want to more nights to your exsisting reservation. I always wondered if you can add a night for the same price you booked it for originally. Does anyone know how this all works, Id really like to know.

I know that there is a tread for this topic with lots of good info. I searched and searched but could not find it.

It has been quite some time (and many beers) since I used the add a night, so I am going to post what I remember.

After you win a bid you will be given the option to add nights. How many is based on how many you booked with your original bid. The system will check and see if rooms are availible for the same price. If they are you can book them. You will also pay another PL fee. If not then you can bid but you will not know which hotel you will get.

When checking in check to see if your add nights are on the reservation. If not then PL should have two reservations for you. One for your bid nights and one for your add nights. If they are on one reservation then that is great. If not you will have to check out and check back in at the end of your first reservation. That is quite simple in the morning go to the desk with all room keys and tell the cleark you need to check out and back in. They will close out the first reservation and give you an early check in for the next one. Make sure that they code the room keys or after chek out time they will not work.

I've utilized this feature twice in the last year for different strategic reasons. Pretty much anytime you've been successful, the conf page (or accessing it later) will allow for the add-a-night feature. If I remember right, you can add 1 night to the beginning or end of the stay (not both), and for as many rooms as originally bid (i.e. if you got 2 rooms and need 1 extra night for 1 of the rooms, it wont work). If successful on the add-a-night, you receive a 2nd conf # and you must make the hotel aware at checkin (of both confs) for a seemless stay. I believe there is an opportunity to request an add-a-night even when you are in the middle of the initial successful stay (no guarantee of success though).

2 success examples of this:

** Chicago 2007 Dec -- needed a Thurs-Mon stay but intentionally bid Fri-Mon to mirror the desired hotels' weekend rates as they can sometimes correlate to Priceline success. When I received the Intercontinental at $75/night, I succeeded at the same rate (plus PL fees) for Thurs night. Hotel did request that I "check out" on Friday and "check in" transactionally at front desk -- but blocked my room for the entire stay.

** Montreal 2008 May -- prior to PL's 3.5-star zone implementation, I bid for another Fri-Mon stay also needing Mon night (4 nights total) to mirror a successful Hyatt Regency (upper 3.5-star) bid and avoid a nasty Doubletree (very lower 3-star). By staying on the weekend days as the other successful stay, I fortunately was accepted at $68/night. Upon trying the add-a-night, I was rejected but counter-offered at $77 (plus PL fees) -- and accepted knowing it was overall a great deal ($200-225/night lowest hotel rate at the time) and that the stay would be continuous at the same great hotel. At check-in, the two reservations were presented and no check-out-check-in was requested -- everything was continuous.

Hope this adds some insight and good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]