Priceline Hotel: New Chicago hotel zone -- Lincoln Park?

Brookside
By Brookside,
in

I've been trying to bid a hotel in Chicago for 10/2-10/5 (no luck so far!) Noticed there is a new hotel zone on Priceline: Lincoln Park.

Does anyone have any experience with this, which hotel(s) are included and what * level they may be? I'm guessing the Best Western Hawthorne Terrace is one -- any others?

I'm bidding for 4* NMA or Loop, and my understanding is that this hotel is a 2* or possible 3*. Which would mean Linolcn Park is now a free re-bid zone - a good thing!

Please let me know .. thanks!

Hmm ... goodness, my apologies! Didn't know everyone was so interested??? My last trip to Chicago, secured 2 rooms at the Chicago Hilton, $89 each, during Lollapalooza, so it was quite the Priceline score.

And yes, I used your "Priceline" link, and am doing so now (with no results, alas). Travel dates 10/2-10/5; realize there is a convention starting on 10/4. Have figured out by reading other posts that LP is a free re-bid zone for 4* bids.

<Humble and chastened ....>

Hmm ... goodness, my apologies! Didn't know everyone was so interested??? My last trip to Chicago, secured 2 rooms at the Chicago Hilton, $89 each, during Lollapalooza, so it was quite the Priceline score.

no one will look here, can you please post this information, including dates, over at the other topic?

I'm bidding for 4* NMA or Loop, and my understanding is that this hotel is a 2* or possible 3*. Which would mean Linolcn Park is now a free re-bid zone - a good thing!

The proper way to determine your re-bid zones is explained in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

At the 4* level in Chicago you currently have THREE re-bid zones. Feel free to ask questions regarding the above and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. Once you confirm your re-bid zones let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Where is your back-up hotel?

Quikbook has the Ambassador East (currently rated 3* by PRICELINE) for $182/nite and is cancellable up until the day before your arrival (by noon hotel time)... not sure how this compares to your current back-up,but for $70/nite less maybe it will do?

As well, HOTWIRE has quite a few 3.5* properties in the $175+ range which you want may want to see if anything there is of interest to you.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (or our Quickbook link if you decide to go with the back-up above)

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My back-up hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn -- 3*, $250 per night. This was the best value for the $ I could find. Need 2 beds and a little more space than the Tremont or Allerton, plus it's the only hotel that doesn't bump its rate up by $100 (or more!) on the Saturday of our stay. (I think that's when the convention begins). I also like the location, so at this point, only a great Priceline/Hotwire deal on a 4* will do.

The trip is still a month away, will keep you posted. Thanks!

Need 2 beds...
You can't guarantee this with a PRICELINE win... are you willing to accept a hotel where you may only get a room with one bed?

The reviews for the Ambassador East have been very good... is the Hilton Garden Inn worth an extra $75/nite? :)

My back-up hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn...
Please note, as per our support page, that we are an affiliate of the Hilton brand of hotels as well as most other major hotel chains... please use our links for your hotel direct reservations.

The Ambassador East isn't as centrally located as the HGI, but it is in a very nice neighborhood setting in the Gold Coast, with quite a few beautiful and/or historic homes located in the streets around it. It's a VERY historic property - the hotel's Pump Room restaurant was legendary in past decades as it was a favorite hangout of stars like Judy Garland, Bogart and Lauren Bacall, as well as Liza Minelli. Led Zepplin destroyed a suite (some of the hotel's expensive suites are named after the celebs who have stayed there) in the 70's. There should still be a wall of autographed photos outside the restaurant, in the hotel lobby.

It is not a sleek, modern hotel by any means, but if you're looking for something uniquely Chicago, the Ambassador East is worth considering. It is a short walk to the North end of the North Michigan Ave. shopping area, and there's a subway a few minutes away. If the AE is $75 less a night, that's $75 that could go towards a nice dinner.

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, I *know* there's no guarantee of 2 beds on Priceline, but I've never had any trouble negotiating this on check-in. It's a risk I'm comfortable with.

And while the AE sounds charming, some of the reports I've read on Trip Adisor -- "...wallpaper in the room was literally falling off the wall...the bathroom was very old and not very clean...it looks as though not a cent has been spent on updating the hotel in 30 years" give me pause. The friend I'm travelling with would be very dissapointed about things like this.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]