Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

Brookside
By Brookside,
in

4* Mag Mile/wacker Drive

Customer Favorite

Rest., Spa, work-out, Internet

$97 per night

I thought this might be Swissotel, since other posters are getting this hotel pretty frequently. But after reading the hotel description, it looks like it could also be the Hyatt Regency - ack! (Can't beleive this place could be considered either "4*" or a cusomer favorite, but that's apost for a different forum! :)

How can I distinguish between them? Doesn't Swissotel have a pool?

thanks for your help!

Brookside

Yeah, unfortunately it does not look like the Swiss, especially now that I see the customer comments.

Another option not too far away from where the Hyatt/Swiss are would be what appears to be the Palmer House, showing up on Hotwire on your dates as 3.5*, Loop, Fitness/Business/Pool/Restaurant, $96.

I saw that too and was wondering about it! I love that hotel and the location.

The rating systems are so confusing -- hard for me to understand how the Hyatt -- which is almost universally hated -- is a 4* , whil the PHH - lovely, well-run and located, is only a 3.5*.

Defintely going to give it a try -- wish me luck!

thanks for your help everyone!

Brooke

I agree on the Hyatt (and there's a group of other Hotwire and Priceline ratings in downtown Chicago that I find questionable or at least rather questionable.)

I'm glad the *possible* Palmer option was also available and hope that works out for you :)

• 2 years later...

Following up per Thereuare's request, even though this is an old thread:

As best I can recall: I did not use Hotwire on this particular trip because I wasn't willing to risk the selection for the price.

I did, however, bid $75 on Priceline, which was accepted by The Hyatt Regency -- !! Very ironic, in that it was fear of getting The Hyatt that kept me from bidding on Hotwire. However, I ended up being delighted with the choice. The Hyatt was just fine: good location, good service, clean and comfortable room. A great value for the money.

Belated thanks to everyone for their help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]