Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis-St Paul (Airport MSP-MofA) Le Bourget Aero Suites

Wilson
By Wilson,
in

I bid all the way up to $65 and got rejected. I guess it's a busy weekend (Labor Day)?

Location doesn't matter, all I want is a comfortable place to stay ... Anything is fine, except for Extended Stay (Maple Grove). I'm only going to travel there because my girlfriend wants to go shopping all around MN area, TAX FREE ... :)

Anyone know of the best value for money hotel around the area? I can bid on any zone, doesn't matter, just need a comfortable mattress, clean and quiet room, that's comfortable for my girlfriend and I to sleep the night off ...

Looking to travel for 2 to 3 nights, anytime this Friday till next Tuesday (8/29-9/2) ...

Trying to pay to least possible to save up some money, have spent thousands on hotel over the last 3 months ... trying to save up some money ... as I travel every week ...

If it's impossible to find 3* for a good price, I'm willing to go with 2.5 stars, or maybe 2 stars.

The last time $65 got rejected, I included every single zone (all zones).

Anytime from August 29 till Sept 2. Any 2 nights or 3 nights would be good, trying to pay the least per night possible ...

Those that got rejected were from 29-31 August.

It looks like 8/29-8/31 are the cheapest nites during this range and those would offer your best chances of succes... but since you've already been rejected up to $65 it appears you may have to go a bit higher (i'm guessing not much higher... maybe $10-$15 per nite)

You could try the following date combinations first:

8/29-8/31

8/30-9/1

8/31-9/2

To see if that offers any better success, but from what i'm seeing these alternate dates actually have higher rates than for 8/29-8/31.

If the above date combinations fail i think you'll either need to consider lowering your star rating or raising your bid.

Let us know how it goes and/or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried what you told me to, still got rejected all the way up to $70, I give up, I'm not traveling anymore, I guess I'll travel next week.

RNC Convention? Republican? LOL not a big fan of McCain ... didn't know they were going to go to Minneapolis ...

The convention is in St Paul but there aren't enough hotels in St Paul to handle a convention that size, so the Minneapolis hotels are busy too.

Your best chances are probably in the Minneapolis Northwest and Southwest zones, which are distant from the convention. Did you try any 2.5* bidding or just 3*? 2.5* in Southwest zone is pretty good for hotel quality. There's a Courtyard in Southwest, a Residence Inn, and Hyatt Place.

And I see Extended Stay America in Maple Grove is available at $117. :)

I've sworn to never go back to Extended Stay America in Maple Grove, ever again. I'd rather dig my own grave and die, than to go back there.

I'm thinking of going to Minneapolis area this weekend instead, is there any events going on? Again, it doesn't matter where it's going to be, just that I want to stay in a comfy hotel, and save as much money as possible.

Duration of stay, this weekend, Friday-Sunday ... 3-star and above ... what numbers am I looking into?

I've sworn to never go back to Extended Stay America in Maple Grove, ever again. I'd rather dig my own grave and die, than to go back there.

I'm thinking of going to Minneapolis area this weekend instead, is there any events going on? Again, it doesn't matter where it's going to be, just that I want to stay in a comfy hotel, and save as much money as possible.

Duration of stay, this weekend, Friday-Sunday ... 3-star and above ... what numbers am I looking into?

Price wise I had my best luck for 3* in the Airport MSP-MofA zone. (I never bid in the Minneapolis zone.) But you do have a chance of getting the Le Bourget Aero Suites which you were ok with. But you could also win the Shereton which I was quite happy with or the Holiday Inn Select. I also liked it but it still has some renovations going on. One note I was a regular customer and normally I was put in a suite or the club floor so my opinion was swaied. If you know what I mean. It does help when they know your face and being plat also helped. This zone for 3* around $45.

Downtown St Paul I picked up the Crown Plaza, nice place but I had to pay for parking. I won it for $58 some else for $62. I was shooting for the Holiday Inn, it has a nice patio bar.

It seemed that Bloomington has a 3* for $46 a night on Hotwire.

Amenities are as follows:

Airport Shuttle

Complementary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

Highspeed Internet

Golf Nearby

Looks to me like it is Hyatt Place.

For $46 I could get that guarantee, and complementary breakfast looks nice, going to do some research on that hotel and see what others think, if it looks good, I'll go there for tomorrow and stay there for a night.

Damn, I got Le Bourget for $44. Started my bid from $40, $1 increment at a time, finally accepted at $44.

Was expecting maybe Sheraton? Not that Le Bourget isn't good, it's not that bad at all, but was aiming to go for a better hotel, should have taken the Hotwire $46 deal and get free breakfast. ..

By the way, the stay is for Sept 7 till Sept 8.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $44.00

Subtotal: $44.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.98

Total Charges*: $56.98

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]