Adding nights to a Priceline stay

Travelling
By Travelling,
in

I'm sure I've read this somewhere on this site recently but I have just searched again and can't seem to find what I need.

If I want to add a night to my Priceline stay, how do I go about it? Presumably I can only bid the same price I won the previous hotel for and hope that they accept the extra night. I looked on the Priceline site but couldn't see this either.

I have won a 3 night stay in Berlin (using www.priceline.co.uk) and I will add this to the relevant section assuming you still want wins from this site (which are priced in

I don't think you can use the Priceline UK site to add a night - at least this feature wasn't supported the last time I used that site. So I think you are out of luck in this case.

You can sometimes do so with Priceline US - if you had used it. In that case, go to the Priceline US help, enter Add a night in the search box, and it will tell you how.

WillTravel - thanks for your quick reply. That's perhaps why I couldn't find it when I searched the UK site for information.

I don't definitely need to do it at this stage but if I do and I can't add a night I'd probably gamble and bid the same as I just have as there don't seem to be many different 4* hotels coming up on Priceline in Berlin.

I just wanted to be a bit prepared when the time came.

• 6 months later...

Has anybody ever used Priceline's add a night feature to successfully get a free re-bid?

For example, I originally bid for a 4 * hotel room in Paris for 6 nights. I was willing to stay in 3 areas, plus I had the Batignolles area as a free re-bid. After several rejections, I ran out of bids. I then decided to split the bid up, and eventually obtained a hotel for the last 5 out of the 6 nights of my original bid.

I went back to Priceline's site to add a night for the 1st night, but was given a message that the winning hotel (Le Meridien Montparnasse) does not allow you to add a night. Therefore, I subsequently put in a bid at the same price as my winning bid for the first night, and received the same hotel. I am guessing that it is much harder to add a night with international properties versus U.S. locations.

Anyway, due to the particulars of this win, I was thinking one could use the add a night strategy when they have run out of re-bids on most of their stays. Anyone have any luck with this strategy?

I tried to add a nite to the 4* hotel I am going to be at in New Orleans in Oct. 2005. Priceline informed me that the hotel had no availability and the 72 hour rule doesn't apply to Pricelines add a night, it is a 1 time only shot. I don't want to rebid for this date because there is a strong chance that I would receive one of the other 4 hotels that is available.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]