Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) identification/other help

ToddJ
By ToddJ,
in

Travel Dates: Aug 7th, 1 night, 2 rooms (traveling with 2 adults, 4 children)

Prefer: Seattle Downtown, but ok with Lake Union. Something with Access to Pike Place.

Budget: Around $250.00

Hotwire listing:

2.5* hotel in Downtown - Pike Place

$116.00

Fitness, Restaurant, Laundry, High Speed Internet Access

3.5* hotel in Downtown - Pike Place

$169.00

No Smoking, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Laundry, High Speed Internet

Any other ideas such as PRICELINE bids would be appreciated. I am fairly new to HOTWIRE / PRICELINE.

Thanks in advance. -Todd

I'm no longer seeing the 2.5* on a current HOTWIRE search, but i agree with tilepusher's guess of the 3.5* being the Silver Cloud Inn Stadium (which gets excellent reviews)

If you do decide to try PRICELINE, do keep in mind that they only guarantee double occupancy. I would think you'd be ok with two rooms and hopefully get two beds in the room for at least one of them, but no guarantees, and this is a risk that you'd have to accept if going the PRICELINE route.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lets try the Priceline route for a 3* Downtown and see what happens. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful. I did talk to the wife and she was actually ok with the 3.5* room if we don't have any success via priceline. This is kind of fun and could get addicting. :)

Oh, it definitely can become addicting!

You have five rebid zones for a 3* bid. I would try something like this:

3* DT bid $55

add a rebid zone and bid $60

add a rebid zone and bid $65

add a rebid zone and bid $70

add a rebid zone and bid $75

exit and start a new bid for 3* DT + last rebid zone and bid $80

add a rebid zone and bid $85

add a rebid zone and bid $90

add a rebid zone and bid $95

I'd stop here (maybe even sooner) for a 3* bid; if all of your bids are rejected, you'll have to decide whether you want to keep going or wait and hope for a better deal to come along. If you're going to go beyond $95, I'd hold out for a 4*.

I just got done trying the strategy above. Bids were not accepted on the 3* Looking at the strategy above, I continued my bidding on only the 4* hotels. I was able to rebid and got it up to $135 without success. I wanted to stop there for the moment and get opinions. Forget the $250 limit. I'm getting a hotel no matter what. :) I should have some rebids I can do on the 4* still tonight if that looks to be the best way to go. The only other option I have been looking at is Lake Union, but I don't know how easy it is to get to downtown and back again with 4 kids. Thanks again.

I did talk to the wife and she was actually ok with the 3.5* room if we don't have any success via priceline
Unfortunately this property is no longer appearing on my own HOTWIRE search for your dates... maybe it will come back? :)
I'm getting a hotel no matter what.
Be sensible and realistic... but don't succumb to the "i have to win a hotel tonite" mentality as it will work towards your detriment.

You may want to find a cancellable back-up... Quickbook has a few budget hotels for a low price which are cancellable while you continue to search PRICELINE and HOTWIRE.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]